The St Bart's Multi Academy Trust, in partnership with Governors, staff and children of Knutton St Marys CofE Academy are seeking to appoint a highly motivated and enthusiastic individual to join our hard working and committed team on a temporary basis to 31/03/2025.
At Knutton St Marys CofE Academy our children come first. High expectations, mutual trust and respectare underpinned by a warm, supportive ethos. In the best interests of our children we work very closely with ourpartner Academies. The successful candidate will be working alongside a team ofcaring, enthusiastic, dedicated staff, who are well-supported by their SeniorLeadership Team.
To work with teachers to support teaching andlearning by working with individuals or small groups of pupils under thedirection of teaching staff and may be responsible for some learning activitieswithin the overall teaching plan.
KeyDuties / Responsibilities
- Implement planned learning activities/teaching programmes as agreed with the teacher, adjusting activities according to pupils’ responses as appropriate
- Participate in planning and evaluation of learning activities with the teacher, providing feedback to the teacher on pupil progress and behaviour
- Support the teacher in monitoring, assessing and recording pupil progress/activities
- Provide feedback to pupils in relation to attainment and progress under the guidance of the teacher
- Support learning by arranging/providing resources for lessons/activities under the direction of the teacher
- Support pupils in social and emotional well-being, reporting problems to the teacher as appropriate
- Share information about pupils with other staff, parents / carers, internal and external agencies, as appropriate
- Understand and support independent learning and inclusion of all pupils as required
- Work with individual pupils with special educational needs
- Work with pupils for whom English is not their first language
- Assist in the development of individual development plans for pupils (such as Individual educational plans)
- Support the work of volunteers and other teaching assistants in the classroom
- Support the use of ICT in the curriculum
- Invigilate exams and tests
- Assist in escorting and supervising pupils on educational visits and out of school activities
- Select, prepare and clear away classroom materials and learning areas ensuring they are available for use, including developing and presenting displays
- Support pupils in developing and implementing their own personal and social development
- Assist pupils with eating, dressing and hygiene, as required, whilst encouraging independence
- Monitor and manage stock and supplies for the classroom
- Be responsible for promotingand safeguarding the welfare of children and young people within the academy,raising any concerns following academy protocol/procedures.
This job post has expired.