This job expired on 2 April 2023 – see similar jobs
Start date details
As soon as possible
2 April 2023 at 11:59pm
20 March 2023
- Key stage 1, Key stage 2
- View all Full timejobs - 35 hours during Term Time
- Grade 2, £20,740 - £20,916 per annum pro rata. Approximate pro rata £15,666 - £15,799 (75% FTE)
What skills and experience we're looking for
- Have excellent interpersonal skills based on effective communication
- Has a passion to ensure every child succeeds and reaches their full potential
- Will show commitment to enhancing the school’s spiritual ethos
- Promote and safeguard the welfare of children and young people within the school.
Please view the full Job Description for more information on the essential criteria and skills required for this role.
What the school offers its staff
We are looking for an innovative and inspirational Teaching Assistant who puts the welfare and progress of children at the centre of everything they do and are able to support our students in reaching their full potential.
Avanti Fields School is an is an all-through, faith designated (Hindu) state school which welcomed the first intake of Year 7 students in September 2018. The school is rapidly expanding and will grow year by year to a full cohort of 1,320. This is an exciting time to join the school as it continues its journey to outstanding. The staff at Avanti Fields School are passionate about our school and are relentlessly focused on improving the achievement and opportunities for all our students. All staff that work at the school will need to subscribe to our ethos and values and seek to improve and develop their own practice and performance for the benefit of our students. This is a unique opportunity to work in a school which is driven by three key elements for both students and staff:
- Educational excellence
- Character formation
- Spiritual insight
Further details about the role
What will you do?
- Work under the guidance of the teacher to support the teaching and learning activities in the classroom.
- Provide general support to the class teacher in the management and organisation of pupil(s) with special needs in the classroom.
- Assist the teacher in creating and maintaining a purposeful, orderly and supportive learning environment.
- Promote the inclusion of all pupils, ensuring they have equal opportunities to learn and develop.
- Be responsible for promoting and safeguarding the welfare of children and young people within the school.
For a more comprehensive list of the job responsibilities, please view the full Job Description
Commitment to safeguarding
Upload additional documents
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About Avanti Fields School
- School type
- Free School, Hindu, ages 3 to 16
- Education phase
- View all Through schooljobs
- School size
- 647 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 3 to 16
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- School website
- Avanti Fields School website (opens in new tab)
- Email address
Avanti Fields School is a new all-through school which welcomed the first intake of Year 7 students in September 2018. The school is rapidly expanding, and will grow year by year to a full cohort of 1,320. This is an exciting time to join the school as it moves into its new state of the arts building and continues its journey to outstanding. Avanti Fields School; we are an all-through; 3–16 Hindu-faith school – part of the multi-academy, Avanti Schools Trust. Avanti Schools are extremely popular with Hindu and non-Hindu parents alike who want an outstanding, disciplined and inclusive environment for learning for their children. Our established schools in London and Leicester are all at least rated good with outstanding features and have the highest expectations are our pupils. Avanti’s faith ethos means high academic and moral standards and an environment that values and nurtures the best within all faiths. Avanti Fields is a Hindu-designated faith school, part of the growing family of Avanti schools. However, staff and students at Avanti Fields School do not originate from any specific faith background. Applications are welcome from practitioners of any faith and from those of none; they will, however, be expected to be in full sympathy with the unique ethos and vision of the School.
Arranging a visit to Avanti Fields School
To arrange a visit and increase the chance of a successful application email email@example.com.
Similar jobs nearby
Oak Field School
Wigman Road, Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, NG8 3HW
Exhall Grange Specialist School
Easter Way, Coventry, Warwickshire, CV7 9HP
Level 3 Specialist Teaching Assistant - SEND - SEMH
Tower Hill Road, Corby, Northamptonshire, NN18 0TH
Ivy House School
Moorway Lane, Derby, Derbyshire, DE23 2FS
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in Leicester