- No, visa sponsorship not available
- Early years, Key stage 1, Key stage 2, Key stage 3, Key stage 4
- Fixed term - Temporary 1 year in the first instance
Full-time equivalent salary
- £22,737- £23,893 FTE
Greenfields Academy is a 5-16 (KS1-KS4) special school for pupils with Social, Emotional, Mental Health (SEMH) needs. We have a holistic, creative and bespoke curriculum tailored to meet the academic and social needs of our pupils. We are looking to appoint an enthusiastic, dedicated, innovative and caring Teaching Assistant to work with a female pupil in Key Stage 2. This post would be suitable for all however, experience of working with people with SEND, specifically SEMH would be desirable.
The school is part of CIT (Community Inclusive Trust), a Multi Academy Trust comprising of special and mainstream primary schools across Lincolnshire, Leicestershire and Nottinghamshire.
Key responsibilities of the role include:
- Motivating and encouraging the pupil to engage with their provided learning – adding an additional level of differentiation when required
- Assisting with the planning and preparation of learning and wellbeing activities for a pupil with complex learning needs
- Providing support across a range of child centred activities to promote child development and learning
- Maintaining regular communication with the pupils’ family, building relationships and keeping detailed records of progress and behaviours
- Supporting Wellbeing Tutors (Teachers) with the completion of a Wellbeing Timetable, Tidal Assessment, EHCP Review, Individual Learning Plan, Pupil Risk Assessment and Intervention Referrals
Please refer to attached Job Description and Person Specification for more information about this role and to ensure your suitability for this role.
The benefits we can offer:
- An outstanding induction process
- A large, friendly, supportive and enthusiastic team
- A personalised CPD Programme and Career Progression and Development Opportunities
- The opportunity to make a real difference to the lives of young people
- An opportunity to be involved in the development and progression of our Academy and the wider local community
- An innovative, forward thinking leadership team
- Access to the Local Government or Teachers Pension Scheme
- An Employee Assistance Programme
- Electric Vehicle Salary Sacrifice Scheme (salary dependent)
- Bike2Work Scheme
For more information about this role or to arrange a visit to the school please contact Mr Rush - Headteacher– 01476 574112.
Closing date for applications: 4pm, 16th June 2023
Interviews will take place: week commencing 19th June 2023
CIT is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post will be subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure, medical and reference checks.
Applicants may also be subject to a social media presence check.
This job post has expired.