- Job role
- Teaching assistant
SEND responsibilities (special educational needs and disabilities)
- Working pattern
10 hours per week - currently 2 hours per afternoon 13.15 - 15.15 rising to full time (25 hours per week) in line with the needs of the child.
- Contract type
- Fixed term (Fixed term ending 31/08/2022)
- Annual or full-time equivalent (FTE) salary
- Salary is at point 3-4 £18,562 - £18,948 FTE
- Actual salary
- Actual salary £4447.54 - £4540.03 based on 10 hours . Actual salary based on 25 hours is £11,118.86 – £11,350.08
We are seeking to appoint a motivated, experienced Special Needs Assistant, to work in our school with children who have SEND Needs. The start date for this position is ASAP.
You must be flexible, adaptive and willing to work in partnership with class teachers and senior leaders in order to provide a safe and secure learning environment for all pupils.
Ideal candidates will:
• Hold relevant qualifications in learning support – such as NVQ/Level 3 Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools. NVQ Childcare and Education etc.
• Previous experience of working in a school or supporting children’s learning and development
• Have GCSE Maths and English at Grade C and above or equivalent
• Hold a first aid qualification or be prepared to attend training.
• Be committed to the school’s ethos – skills, goals, belief, success.
• Excellent behaviour management.
• Experienced in using P.A.C.E style strategies.
• A team player who is also able to work individually.
• Have a firm commitment to providing the very best outcomes for our pupils.
• Humour is also required!
This job post has expired.
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.