Teaching Assistant (1:1 SEND)
5 days remaining to apply
Job start date
1 September 2023
15 June 2023 at 12pm (midday)
9 May 2023
- Key stage 2
- View all Part timejobs - 32.5 hours per week
- Fixed term - Until August 2024
What skills and experience we're looking for
Fieldhead Primary Academy is seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and committed individual to work as a Teaching Assistant primarily with a child who has SEMH needs.
We require the successful candidate to –
- Develop a holistic approach to meeting Social, Emotional and Mental Health needs, enabling learners to make good progress by working with teachers, other support staff, families and external agencies.
- Assist with the development and implementation of Individual Education/Behaviour Plans, Risk Assessments, Personal Care and Therapy Care programmes for a designated group/form.
- Establish therapeutic relationships with students and interact with them according to individual needs.
- Promote the inclusion and acceptance of all students
- Encourage students to interact with others and engage in activities led by teachers.
- Set challenging and demanding expectations and promote self-esteem and independence.
- To help students develop resilience and independence, both learning in lessons and forming positive relationships with peers and staff.
- Provide feedback to students in relation to progress and achievement under the guidance of teachers.
- To develop and enhance expertise in supporting students with complex social, emotional and mental health needs by attending training and working alongside relevant internal and external professionals such as psychologists and therapists.
- To provide support in the delivery of specialist interventions, taking a lead where appropriate.
- To sustain an active engagement with families of designated students to help them explore issues and make changes in areas that may be affecting their child’s learning and development. This may involve home visits.
- To track the progress of students with Social, Emotional and Mental Health needs using the available data and monitor the impact of interventions, sharing this with the SENCo and other relevant professionals.
What the school offers its staff
The role will offer the suitable candidate the opportunity to work in an inclusive and supportive environment which aims to provide the best learning experiences for its pupils. The school is committed to ensuring that all pupils can participate in a variety of activities to support them in their journey towards becoming confident lifelong learners.
Further details about the role
Applying for the job
Please download the application form using the link below, and once completed send to email@example.comDownload an application form - 86.5 KB
Upload additional documents
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About Fieldhead Primary Academy
- School type
- Academy, ages 3 to 11
- Education phase
- View all Primaryjobs
- School size
- 185 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 3 to 11
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- School website
- Fieldhead Primary Academy website (opens in new tab)
- Email address
- Phone number
- 01924 473016
Arranging a visit to Fieldhead Primary Academy
To arrange a visit and increase the chance of a successful application email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Similar jobs nearby
2 x Temporary Teaching Assistant - Level 2
St Thomas More Catholic Primary, A Voluntary Academy
Creswick Lane, Sheffield, South Yorkshire, S35 8NN
Teaching Assistant - Apprenticeship
Barkerend Primary Leadership Academy
Hendford Drive, Bradford, West Yorkshire, BD3 0QT
Whiteways Primary School
Whiteways Road, Sheffield, South Yorkshire, S4 8EX
Pudsey Waterloo Primary
Victoria Road, Pudsey, West Yorkshire, LS28 7SR
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in West Yorkshire