Inspire the lively little learners at Harris Primary Academy Mayflower! We are looking to appoint a Teaching Assistant to support individuals and groups of students to enable access to learning, contributing to the development and maintenance of a purposeful, nurturing learning environment.
As Teaching Assistant, your responsibilities include:
- To supervise and provide particular support for identified students, in 1:1, group or whole class situations, ensuring their safety and access to learning.
- To assist in the development of appropriate resources, schemes of work and teaching strategies, working with the teacher to ensure the provision supports each identified student's learning needs.
- To assist in evaluating identified students' progress through agreed assessment activities.
- To provide detailed and regular feedback to teachers on students' achievement, progress and needs.
- To lead small group sessions and interventions as appropriate.
Harris Primary Academy Mayflower is a successful academy that was judged outstanding in every category in our May 2017 Ofsted inspection.
We are a 5 form entry primary school, opening with a Reception cohort and are growing by a year group at a time with currently 902 pupils on roll from Nursery to Year 6. This will make our academy, which was funded under the free school programme with backing from Thurrock council, the Department for Education and the Harris Federation which sponsors the free school, the biggest primary free school in the country.
offer a competitive rewards and benefits package which includes a Performance and Loyalty Bonus, Pension Scheme, a Wellbeing Cash Plan, electric car scheme, 26 days' annual leave (plus bank holidays) for non term-time only employees, and many other benefits.
We would like to hear from you if you have:
- Qualifications to degree level or equivalent
- Experience of working directly with young people in an education or training environment, supporting the learning of students.
- Experience of establishing and maintaining positive working relationships with a range of stakeholders, at all levels.
- Experience of managing and being responsible for own workload.
The Harris Federation and all our academies are committed to ensuring the highest levels of safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and we expect all our staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All offers of employment are subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check, references, an online search, and where applicable, a prohibition from teaching check will be completed.
This job post has expired.