We are looking to appoint 2 outstanding, dynamic Teaching
Assistants. The ideal candidate will embody
the Trust’s values; someone who has diverse experience, as well as a passion
for working with young people with additional needs.
candidate will have excellent teamwork and communication skills, boundless
patience and resilience and the ability and enthusiasm to make a difference with
pupils who have a range of social, emotional and mental health needs. For a
full list of duties, please see the job description.
Wave is dedicated to the safeguarding of children and Safer
Recruitment Procedures will be followed. The position requires a satisfactory
enhanced DBS check.
Work with Wave: What’s in it for you?
- Pension Scheme
- Employee Assistance
- Occupational Health Services
- Professional Development & Training
- Salary depending on experience
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Free Will Writing Benefit
- Health & Wellbeing Champion
- Company sick pay dependent on service
- Free refreshments in workplace
Wave Trust: What we believe and what we do
Wave are an established and successful Multi Academy Trust, comprising of Alternative Provision Academies (APAs), Medical Academies (including Cornwall Partnership NHS Foundation Trust’s child and adolescent mental health unit ‘Sowenna’) all rated Good/Outstanding by OFSTED and 2 Special Academies (including one in pre-opening).
We provide education for vulnerable pupils aged 4 – 19 across Devon, Cornwall and we are expanding to Somerset with our special free school. The Trust has a national reputation for the delivery of outstanding pupil outcomes including enabling pupils to access the most appropriate education setting and transition to employment, training and higher or further education.
The Trust educates over 1000 pupils and employs over 350 members of staff.
We Aim To
- Provide a balanced and broad curriculum that promotes the spiritual, moral, cultural, mental and physical development of pupils and prepares them for the opportunities, responsibilities and experiences of adult life.
- Give access to the National Curriculum; provide opportunities for external accreditation, and, for those pupils with specific learning difficulties, effective and personalised programmes.
- Ensure all pupils are supported to develop positive attitudes towards themselves and others. Promoting emotional well-being and self-esteem; helping our pupils to recognise their potential and work positively within their community.
- We will respect all pupils and encourage them to become active participants in their own learning, develop confidence, independence, self-esteem and express their needs and desires.
- Seek effective and positive working relationships with pupils’ families, schools and other agencies.
- Enable effective outcomes for our pupils.
Evidence shows that the values we embody empower young people to succeed; these are the values we are looking for when we recruit new staff or work with new stakeholders.
We value positivity, no matter what the circumstances. It is our intention to stay constructive, optimistic and confident both for and with our young people and their families.
We are kind, we have empathy. We consider the consequences of our decisions, large and small on those around us.
We conduct ourselves in ways that earn the trust of those around us. We respect each other and those we work with.
AS ONE TEAM
We depend on teamwork and the relationships we have. When we work together we are stronger. Together we will achieve more.
Everybody is treated fairly and equally; no-one is marginalised or left behind. We are inclusive, we embrace the human spirit. We value diversity of people and thought.
If you feel this role is of interest, we look forward to hearing from you
This job post has expired.