At Aspire school we believe that learning needs to be individual for all and aspirational for everyone. We are looking for an experienced Teaching Assistant to join our growing team to support a year 3 pupil, on a 1:1 basis, who has very individual social and emotional needs and challenging behaviours. If you are experienced, enthusiastic, adaptable, hyper vigilant and proactive and have the passion to nurture individual pupils, please do apply.
We are offering a rare opportunity to join a new, purpose-built environment designed for our unique children. Successful candidates will have the prospect of joining this collaborative journey to develop the school and its vision as it continues to grow. This really is an exciting opportunity to be part of creating something special from the very beginning.
If you are experienced, enthusiastic and adaptable and have the passion to bring out and nurture the individual talents in our pupils, aged 4 -11 with ASD and speech and language needs, please do complete an application form.
This is a temporary, term time only (38 weeks plus 5 training days) contract for 32.5 hours hours per week, 8.30 until 15.30 Monday to Friday.
You will be our desirable candidate if you:
- have experience in supporting children with SEN;
- have previously supported pupils with SEMH or challenging behaviour needs;
- have previous experience or training in de-escalation and/or positive behaviour support.
- are an understanding and resilient person;
- thrive working in a friendly team with like-minded people;
- have a positive sense of humour and attitude
- are a clear communicator with adults and children;
- are a positive role model to all.
In return, we can offer you:
- A friendly and supportive team;
- Opportunities for progression and development through training, coaching and mentoring;
- A healthy work-life balance;
- An inclusive environment where you feel valued;
- A supportive leadership team.
Shortlisted candidates will be asked to attend an interview and observation at the school.
Aspire School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people you will therefore be subject pre-employment checks including references, an enhanced disclosure process via an application to the Disclosure and Barring Service and the right to work in the UK. Shortlisted candidates will be subject to online searches for publicly available information.
In cases where we receive a high volume of applications for a post, we may bring the closing date forward. Therefore you are advised to submit your completed application form as early as possible to avoid disappointment.
CVs will only be accepted when accompanied by a fully completed online application form.
No agencies please.
This job post has expired.