We are looking to appoint a Teaching Assistant at Harris Primary Academy Beckenham to support individuals and groups of children to enable access to learning, contributing to the development and maintenance of a purposeful, nurturing learning environment.
This role is part-time, working two days per week.
We would like to hear from you if you have:
- Qualifications to degree level or equivalent
- Experience of working directly with young people in an education or training environment, supporting the learning of students
- Experience of establishing and maintaining positive working relationships with a range of stakeholders, at all levels
- Experience of managing and being responsible for own workload
For a full job description and person specification, please download the Job Pack.
Our Academy opened in September 2015 in order to provide high quality primary places for local families. We believe that every child is unique and that each deserves the opportunity to be happy, feel valued and experience success.
We are part of a Federation of schools with an established track record in Bromley and across London. Our staff team is committed to ensuring that all of our children access the highest quality education in a safe and nurturing environment.
We believe that all children can achieve and know that it is our job as educators to do everything possible to enable children to reach their potential. We are lucky to have a bright, modern and welcoming building for our school community. We are situated amongst green spaces opposite Kelsey Park, just a short walk from Beckenham Junction rail station.
Our people are at the heart of our success. We have developed a strong culture of collaboration and best practice, with professional development and career planning at its centre. We invest in our staff with support, coaching, mentoring, and a wide range of top-quality training programmes delivered at every level to senior leadership.We look for talented individuals who share our vision for creating exceptional places of learning, and are committed to ensuring that every child in London has access to the best possible education.In addition to the opportunities for career progression, training and development, we also offer a competitive rewards and benefits package which includes our Harris Allowance for teachers on MPS/UPS, a Performance and Loyalty Bonus, Pension Scheme, electric car scheme, a Wellbeing Cash Plan and many other benefits.
As Teaching Assistant, your responsibilities will include:
- Supervising and supporting identified children in 1:1, group or whole class situations, ensuring their safety and access to learning
- Assisting in the development of appropriate resources, schemes of work and teaching strategies, working with the teacher to ensure the provision supports each identified child's learning needs
- Assisting in evaluating identified children's progress through agreed assessment activities
- Providing detailed and regular feedback to teachers on children's achievement, progress and needs
- Leading small group sessions and interventions as appropriate
The Harris Federation and all our academies are committed to ensuring the highest levels of safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and we expect all our staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All offers of employment are subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check, references, an online search, and where applicable, a prohibition from teaching check will be completed.
This job post has expired.