The salary offered ranges between£10,359 - £11,418 per annum (£20,789full time equivalent) based on Term Time only, depending on the hours worked. Please be aware that we have 2 positions available: 22 and 24.25 hours per week, so please include on your application your preference. If you have any questions in regards to the basis of this position, please contact Holly Neve (Recruitment Co-ordinator) firstname.lastname@example.org or 01634 412 263.
The successful candidate will:
- Be aware of and support school policies and procedures.
- Work, or play, with individuals, or small groups of children, to assist in the delivery of the planned curriculum, as directed by the Class Teacher.
- Set up group activities under the guidance of the Class Teacher / Subject Leaders. Work with children on practical activities, giving assistance and encouragement.
- Read to, and with, small groups of children, on curriculum activities.
- Assist in the planning, creation and mounting of displays of the children’s work.
- Provide support and assistance for children’s pastoral needs (e.g. promoting self-esteem, and overall well-being of the child
- Have a willingness to provide cover duties for some lessons, when required.
- Be prepared to work across all age ranges within the Primary School.
The successful candidate will have:
- A hard working and flexible attitude.
- A passion for working with children.
- The ability to carry out designated tasks in an accurate and timely manner.
- The ability to work as part of a team.
- The ability to be creative and use initiative to engage children.
- The ability to work under pressure, with enthusiasm, motivation and commitment.
- Strong listening skills and the ability to prioritise, manage time effectively and remain calm under pressure.
- Strong verbal and communication skills appropriate to the need to communicate effectively with a wide range of pupils, colleagues and parents.
Working for Hartley Primary Academy: Hartley Primary Academy is a happy, thriving and “OUTSTANDING” (Ofsted rated) primary school based in Kent. We inspire our children to aim high and succeed, equipping them with the necessary skills and knowledge for the future. We promote understanding, respect and tolerance for each other. Our School vision is for ‘Happy Positive Achievers, creating a better world together’ and we want to be able to provide all the support our children need to achieve this both emotionally and academically. We have an amazing team of teachers and teaching assistants and we have recently been accredited as an IB World School , giving us scope to teach in a creative way. We also have extensive grounds and wooded areas that are used for teaching, with every class having some Outdoor Learning each week.
Our aim is to create a positive, stimulating and happy learning environment with spacious buildings and grounds, enabling children to succeed and realise their full potential. We promote their academic, spiritual, moral, cultural and physical development to prepare them for future opportunities, responsibilities and experiences.
We are committed to providing all children with the same opportunities, regardless of gender, race, creed or culture. We are wholly committed to creating a learning environment which is safe and secure, stimulating and exciting, in order that our children come to school with a feeling of anticipation and enthusiasm.
Hartley Primary Academy is a two form entry school with 14 classes in total. Our school has beautiful, extensive grounds and a range of teaching and learning facilities. We are fortunate to have a friendly and hardworking staff, both teaching and non-teaching and we have a very talented and multi-skilled team of Teaching Assistants who are led and managed by an excellent SENCO.
We are seeking to appoint 2 committed and enthusiastic Teaching Assistantsto join our thriving academy to support our pupils in the classroom as directed by the class teacher. This is an ideal role for those who genuinely have a passion for helping children particularly with learning difficulties. Our children come from a range of backgrounds and cultures and their needs are diverse. Behaviour for learning is outstanding, resulting in a positive and fulfilling work experience. Our ideal candidate will hold a Level 3 Teaching Assistant qualification (or equivalent).
Leigh Academies Trust and all of our academies are committed to ensuring the highest levels of safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our pupils, and we expect all our staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We adopt a fair, robust and consistent recruitment process across all academies and business units which is inline with Keeping Children Safe in Education guidance. This includes online checks for shortlisted candidates - you can read more about this in our Recruitment Guidance. All offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS check, references, and where applicable, a prohibition from teaching check.
This job post has expired.