7 days remaining to apply
Start date details
12 June 2023 at 9am
25 May 2023
- Key stage 1, Key stage 2
- View all Full timejobs - 32.5 hours, 39 weeks per year
- View all Part timejobs - 32.5 hours, 39 weeks per year
Full-time equivalent salary
- Grade 4 (SCP 13 -16) £21,190 - £21,968
- £16,151.58- £16,950.03
What skills and experience we're looking for
To support the growth of our school we are looking to recruit a Teaching Assistant. The ideal candidate will be an enthusiastic and dedicated individual who has experience within KS1 & KS2.
Streethay Primary School is a growing school at the heart of a new community in Lichfield. The school has been built as part of a large residential development and opened in September 2019. We are a small team with big ambitions; aiming to provide the best education locally and be known for our innovative approach. We are an inclusive and welcoming community aiming to nurture, inspire and prepare our children.
The successful candidate will be a self-motivated individual who:
- is professional in their approach.
- is a creative individual seeking to develop an outstanding provision and classroom environment.
- Has a professional and respectful approach which demonstrates support and shows mutual respect.
- Is committed to the needs of the pupils, parents and other stakeholders and can provide an efficient and effective service.
- Demonstrates a positive attitude around school.
- Can prioritise and work to deadlines.
- Educated to GCSE Level or equivalent and have completed the NVQ Level 2 Teaching Assistant Qualification (or have appropriate experience)
- is passionate when promoting the values and ethos of our school and trust.
What the school offers its staff
The Shaw Education Trust offer the following benefits with your Teaching or Support Staff employment:
- An excellent Local Government Pension Scheme (Support Staff) / Teachers Pension (Teaching Staff)
- Support Staff only based on working full time, all year - Generous holiday entitlement from your first day of employment (36 days holiday rising to 38 days after 5 years’ service including Bank Holidays)
- Access to health and wellbeing support via Occupational Health
- Cycle to work scheme
- Access to our Institute of Education and fantastic opportunities to help you grow, contribute and flourish in your role and in the Trust.
Colleagues within the Trust benefit from:
Access to a full range of courses both in-house and professionally accredited. These courses include all of the National Professional Qualifications – NPQH, NPQSL, NPQML.
- High quality subject and thematic networks across the Trust and the region.
- Experienced leadership and subject-specific support.
- Guidance from former HMIs and serving Ofsted Inspectors within the Trust.
- Access to the Trust’s Teaching School, Research School, Institute of Education and SCITT.
- Opportunities to work with different schools within the Trust as a Professional Advocate.
- Participating in peer reviews.
- Access to a suite of online courses.
- Placement projects within our family of schools.
Applying for the job
Apply for the job by following the link belowMore on how to apply (opens in new tab)
Upload additional documents
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About Streethay Primary School
- School type
- Free School, ages 4 to 11
- Education phase
- View all Primaryjobs
- School size
- 105 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 4 to 11
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- School website
- Streethay Primary School website (opens in new tab)
- Email address
A new free school in Lichfield which opened in September 2019 for Nursery, Reception and Years 1 and 2, with the aim of growing year-on-year up to Year 6. As part of the Shaw Education Trust family, Streethay benefits from tried-and-tested ways of working, experience and expertise further enabling this new all-ability school to value diversity, innovation and excellence. For more information or to register a place for your child, please visit the school website.
Similar jobs nearby
Senior Inclusion Support Worker
Birchfield Primary School
Trinity Road, Birmingham, B6 6AJ
Apprentice Teaching Assistant - Coundon Primary School
Coundon Primary School
Forfield Road, Coventry, West Midlands, CV6 1FQ
Zaytouna Primary School
500 London Road, Derby, Derbyshire, DE24 8WH
Allesley Hall Primary School
Winsford Avenue, Coventry, West Midlands, CV5 9NG
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed