We are looking for five Teaching Assistants to:
- Support the vision and direction of the school
- Support teachers and Learning Mentors to deliver an engaging specialist curriculum within the academy
- Support effective learning and teaching throughout school
- Deploy and create resources efficiently and effectively to meet specific objectives in line with your specialist area strategic plans.
- Ensure effective pastoral care and behaviour support throughout the school
As a Teaching Assistant of The Fermain Academy you will support teaching staff to ensure effective teaching and learning throughout the Academy, monitor and evaluate the progress made in your specialist area and present students’ achievement effectively, using benchmarks to track set targets for improvements. He/she will:
- Support teaching staff to ensure high quality teaching is delivered to students. This will be in your subject area as well as other subjects as and when required
- Support teaching staff to provide and maintain an environment and a code of behaviour and discipline which promotes and secures good teaching, effective learning and high standards of achievement
- To support the curriculum and its assessment; work with the teachers and Learning Mentors to monitor and evaluate it in order to identify areas for improvement
- To support students with their emotional health and wellbeing
- To develop key relationships with students and parents and carers
- To engage in outreach to ensure all our students needs are met
- Ensure that the relevant interventions are delivered to support improvements in literacy, numeracy and emotional wellbeing.
- To help ensure that Child Protection and Safeguarding procedures and Department of Health assessments of Children in Need are rigorously complied with, and that the welfare and health and safety of students are of prime consideration
- To promote the safety and well-being of students and staff
- To ensure good order and discipline of students and staff
We have been given the exciting new opportunity to develop a new Skills Centre to deliver vocational skills and qualifications for Fermain Academy students alongside Cheshire East students. The new centre will initially deliver a Construction and Hair and Beauty skills-based curriculum with a view to expanding our offer as the centre develops.
At the Yes Trust, we believe our aims and vision for our students and their carers
are best achieved through supported and valued team members. We offer the following benefits to all Trust
employees from their first day with us:
- Access and support with training and CPD
including further professional qualifications.
- Specialist training where required
- Cycle to work scheme
- Flexible and supportive approach to work
- Free lunch at school
- Free parking
- Nursery benefits
- Car purchase salary sacrifice scheme
- Education Mutual – access to free face
to face counselling, physiotherapy, nurse help-line, prescription service
whenever you need it
A huge range of discounts, free gifts,
perks including shopping, eating out, holidays
The wellness Hub – access to a variety
of practical and useful resources
Medical – on-line GP appointments,
prescriptions and advice at a time convenient to you
Youth Engagement Schools Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people, and vulnerable adults. All positions will require an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check and registration with the DBS Update Service together with all other relevant recruitment checks.
If you're interested in teaching or training to teach in England as an international citizen, we can help you understand your next steps
Please download the application form using the link below, and once completed send to email@example.com
Skilled worker visa sponsorship is not available for this job.