Winifred Holtby Academy, Hull, HU7 4PW
This job expired on 25 May 2022 – see similar jobs
Expected start date
As soon as possible
25 May 2022 at 11:59pm
16 May 2022
About Winifred Holtby Academy
- School type
- Academy, ages 11 to 16
- Education phase
- View all Secondaryjobs
- School size
- 1320 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 16
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in a new tab)
- School website
- Winifred Holtby Academy website (opens in a new tab)
- Contact email
- Contact phone number
Winifred Holtby Academy is a large academy with over 1300 students on roll. We have a positive and engaged student body and a caring, dedicated and talented staff. The school is set in the city of Hull. The catchment area predominantly covers North Bransholme and the surrounding areas.
In September 2011 we moved into our new building. We have a wide variety of state of the art facilities which enable our students to achieve their potential. Each area is designed with our students in mind and many of our facilities represent what our students will access in the outside world in a working environment. These facilities allow our students the greatest start in their chosen further education and career paths. Our facilities include:
• State of the art classrooms and learning spaces
• A Learning Resource Centre
• Specialist Food, D & T and Motor Vehicle Technology suites
• A fully equipped suite of Performing Arts rooms, including a Recording Studio and a Community Theatre
• Air conditioned ICT suites
• State of the art sports facilities, including a swimming pool, hydrotherapy pool, sports hall, fitness suite, all-weather pitches, rugby pitches / football pitches, outdoor MUGA area, tennis courts, athletic / cricket facilities. All of these facilities are available for staff use outside of the timetabled academy day.
In our most recent Ofsted inspection in July 2019, inspectors praised the strong leadership and management of the academy, recognising our improvements and the considerable moral purpose behind our leadership decisions. They also recognised the benefits that student’s gain from our broad and ambitious curriculum and the positive attitudes and behaviour of our students in lessons and around the academy. We are confident that our continued focus, drive and determination will result in us becoming a ‘good’ school when we are next inspected. This is certainly an exciting time to join our team.
Our staff provide a wide variety of extra-curricular activities beyond the school day, including academic, sport, performance and other community based activities.
The academy has a strong community ethos, developing close relationships with the world of business and establishing strong links both locally and nationally.
We are committed to high quality induction and continuous professional development and learning for all of our staff.
Similar jobs nearby
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in Kingston Upon Hull