The Unity Schools Partnership, consisting of primary and secondary schools, is a vibrant and inspiring place to work and learn, striving to secure excellence in all aspects of its work.
The Governing Body is seeking to recruit a highly flexible, self-motivated and reliable Teaching Assistant to join our dedicated and friendly team within the SEND department. There will be opportunities to progress in your career as you develop your expertise in a wide range of Special Educational Needs and Disabilities. Ideally, you will have experience of working with students within a classroom setting, although it is not essential for you to have worked specifically with students with special educational needs and disabilities.
The role may vary according to the needs of our students throughout the year and may involve supporting them in classes, small groups or on a one-to-one basis. The successful candidate will also be required to provide an element of administrative support for the SEND department as part of the role; therefore, good ICT skills and previous experience in an administration position are desirable. You will:
- Possess good English and maths skills (GCSE C or equivalent),
- Be determined to make a positive contribution towards the learning experience of our students
- Have high expectations of all our students as well as a commitment to raising standards and promoting progress
- Be flexible and open to change in order to meet the needs of our students, the needs of the SEND department and those of the Academy
- Be pro-active, and willing to use your own initiative, as appropriate
- Possess good interpersonal, organisational, communication and administrative skills
- Take a professional approach in your dealings with students, staff, parents/carers and external agencies
- Have the ability to remain calm and confident when under pressure
- Be a team-player, open to advice, feedback and guidance from colleagues
- Be able to deal with sensitive information in a confidential manner
- Have an interest in special needs and education and be willing to undertake further professional training and development
In return we will offer:
- Support any CPD required to be able to fulfil the role
- Newly refurbished learning spaces with state of the art interactive white boards and sound systems.
- A supportive and friendly working environment with well established “well-being” programmes.
- An excellent programme of induction into the Academy with supportive and dynamic staff.
- Well-being day each Academic year.
Prospective candidates are invited to visit the Academy and meet the team. Please contact Claire Bailey, PA to the Principal, on01638 664412or email@example.com make an appointment.
Closing Date:Thursday 1st September 2022, 8.00am
Interviews:Week commencing: Monday 5th September 2022
Please note: we may hold interviews as and when applications are received and we reserve the right to offer to a candidate prior to the closing date. We only accept applications submitted online via our careers website and which are completed before the closing deadline. With this in mind, we encourage you to apply as soon as possible and advise you check the job information as per the listing on our careers site.
In line with safer recruitment, we are unable to accept CVs. Failure to complete an application form satisfactorily may result in not being shortlisted for the post.
Unity Schools Partnership is committed tosafer recruitment,equal opportunities, safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check will be required.
We care deeply about inclusive working practices and diverse teams. If you’d prefer to work part-time or as a job-share, we’ll facilitate this wherever we can – whether to help you meet other commitments or to help you strike a great work-life balance. We’re keen to ensure we’re designing an organisation that works for everyone, so we particularly encourage applications from different under-represented groups.
Unity Schools Partnership, welcoming diversity.