This job expired on 8 June 2023 – see similar jobs
Start date details
8 June 2023 at 9am
10 May 2023
- Key stage 2, Key stage 3, Key stage 4
- View all Full timejobs - Working Pattern Monday, Tuesday, Thursday 08:15 - 16:00 Wednesday 08:15 - 16:30 Friday 08:15 - 15:00
Full-time equivalent salary
- Range 2-3 £20,395 – £26,669 FTE (Actual £17,669 - £23,105, 39 weeks, 37 hours TTO) (starting point dependent on qualifications and/or experience)
- Range 2 - 3
What skills and experience we're looking for
- Thrive working in a challenging but immensely rewarding environment, who are passionate about supporting the development of social, life and independence skills.
Direct experience in education is not essential.
- Want to make a difference in the lives of young people.
- Are able to work with teachers, support staff, families and external agencies to provide the best support possible.
- Able to build strong, positive and encouraging relationships.
- Is reliable to join our team and to bring new fresh ideas to the classroom
What the school offers its staff
We can offer you:
- A welcoming and positive working environment where wellbeing of students and staff is a priority.
- High quality professional development and support including bespoke CPD.
- The opportunity to be truly creative, not prescriptive in your practise.
- Progression opportunities across the Trust, including teacher training.
- Local Government Pension Scheme with our contribution of 23%.
- Mentored by an existing staff member, supporting you through your first few months.
- An experienced and supportive senior leadership team.
- An energetic, forward thinking, supportive staff team.
Upload additional documents
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About Stephenson Academy
- School type
- Academy, ages 9 to 16
- School size
- 88 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 9 to 16
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- School website
- Stephenson Academy website (opens in new tab)
- Email address
- Phone number
Stephenson Academy is a successful 80 place special school, which opened in 2012. It has a main site, which caters for 11-16 year olds. We have an associated independent sixth form provision for 16-19 year olds. As a specialist academy we cater for students who have Education and Health Care Plans with an identified primary need of Social Emotional and Mental Health Difficulties (SEMH), many with associated challenging behaviour. Many of our students have additional special educational needs such as speech, language and communication difficulties, Autistic Spectrum Condition (ASC), Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) and mental health difficulties
Arranging a visit to Stephenson Academy
To arrange a visit and increase the chance of a successful application email email@example.com.
Similar jobs nearby
William Harding School
Hazlehurst Drive, Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire, HP21 9TJ
Moulton Primary School
Church Hill, Northampton, Northamptonshire, NN3 7SW
Booker Park Community School
Stoke Leys Close, Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire, HP21 9ET
Teaching Assistant (SEN) Term Time Only
The Bicester School
Queen's Avenue, Bicester, Oxfordshire, OX26 2NS
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in Milton Keynes and Buckinghamshire and Milton Keynes