- Job role
- Teaching assistant
- Working pattern
- Part time
32.5 hours per week
- Contract type
- Annual or full time equivalent (FTE) salary
- £18,231 - £18,402
- Actual salary
- £13,332 - £13,457 (0.73132 FTE)
We are looking for a highly motivated, skilled individual to take on the role of Teaching Assistant. The successful candidate will have a passion for helping children achieve their full potential in a team which values creativity, innovation and commitment, focusing on enabling children to learn well in engaging ways.
If you are an excellent practitioner with the ability to inspire and motivate students and the dedication to providing the best for each young person we would like to hear from you.
Avanti Fields School is an all-through school which welcomed the first intake of Year 7 students in September 2018. The school is rapidly expanding, and will grow year by year to a full cohort of 1,320. This is an exciting time to join the school as it continues its journey to outstanding.
Avanti Fields is a Hindu-designated faith school, part of the growing family of Avanti schools. However, staff and students at Avanti Fields School do not originate from any specific faith background. Applications are welcome from practitioners of any faith and from those of none; they will, however, be expected to be in full sympathy with the unique ethos and vision of the School.
This is a unique opportunity to help develop a new and innovative school which is driven by three key elements for both students and staff:
• Academic rigour and excellence
• Character formation
• Development of spiritual insight
Your key responsibilities:
• To work under the guidance of the class teacher to support the teaching and learning activities in the classroom.
• To provide general support to the class teacher in the management and organisation of pupil(s) with special needs in the classroom.
• To assist the teacher in creating and maintaining a purposeful, orderly and supportive learning environment.
• To promote the inclusion of all pupils, ensuring they have equal opportunities to learn and develop.
• To be responsible for promoting and safeguarding the welfare of children and young people within the school.
For a more comprehensive list of the job responsibilities, please download the Job Description.
• Have excellent interpersonal skills based on effective communication
• Has a passion to ensure every child succeeds and reaches their full potential
• Ensures the health and safety of all pupils
• Will show commitment to enhancing the school's spiritual ethos
• Is committed to their own professional development
• Will inspire, challenge, motivate and support the whole school community
• Has a good knowledge of the National Curriculum
• Has excellent knowledge of how young children learn and develop
Please see the Job Description for more information on the essential criteria and skills required for the role.
Why should you apply?
You will be working in a fantastic environment. Avanti exists to help each person become a well-rounded human being through intellectual, moral and spiritual growth, and so make the world a better place.
• LGPS pension scheme
• Development opportunities
• A strong vision of Educational Excellence, Character Formation and Spiritual Insight;
• Enthusiastic, motivated and friendly children;
• A committed and motivated staff team;
• An attractive working environment;
• Supportive parents;
Avanti Fields School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and requires all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All successful candidates are required to have an Enhanced DBS check unless internally appointed and still within the cycle of DBS re-checks.
Any appointment subsequently made will be subject to the receipt of satisfactory references and other pre-employment checks.
Diversity and Inclusion
We want to make sure we are attracting the widest possible range of people and ensure that they are accepted, understood and treated equally when they work here. This means we will work hard to understand that each employee is unique and ensure that individuals or groups are not treated differently or less favourably on the basis of specific characteristics.
Such characteristics include (but are not limited to) age, disability, gender including transgender, race, religion, sexual orientation, marital status, and how the school supports pregnant women and new parents.
The successful candidate, whilst not necessarily a Hindu, will subscribe fully to the ethos and vision of the Avanti Schools Trust for the school. Please see www.avanti.org.uk for more details.
If you have any questions about the post prior to an application, please email Manisha Wadhwana at Manisha.Wadhwana@avanti.org.uk
Applying for the job
Application forms can be downloaded at www.avanti.org.uk/careers and must be submitted by the closing date above to firstname.lastname@example.org once fully completed. The successful candidate will be required to sign the application declaration on appointment.More on how to apply (opens in new tab)
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.