7 days remaining to apply
Start date details
5 June 2023 at 12pm (midday)
19 May 2023
- Key stage 1
- View all Part timejobs - 30 hours per week
- Fixed term - ASAP to 26th July 2023
- NJC Scale Point 2
What skills and experience we're looking for
Provide support to the class teacher for:
- Supervising and assisting pupils (1:1, in groups or whole classes) across a variety of activities, both inside and out.
- To cover weekly designated PPA time as arranged.
- Contribute to planning evaluation and implementation.
- Develop, prepare and disseminate appropriate materials.
- Presenting and displaying work in books and on classroom walls.
- Contributing to the administrative support of the school.
- Support and encourage the school’s ethos, vision, objectives, policies and procedures as agreed by the governing body.
- To attend INSETs as required.
- Cover half an hour lunch as supervision or play-leader.
- Assist in the implementation of Individual Education Programmes for students and help monitoring their progress.
Supporting pupils’ learning under the direction of the teacher including:
- Supporting pupils, including those with SEND individually and in small groups, assisting in implementing the ISPs designed in consultation with teaching staff.
- Enabling children to become independent learners.
- To understand the learning objectives of every lesson in order that evaluation of progress can be ascertained.
- Undertaking any training as appropriate.
- Assisting with preparations of learning materials as requested (ie photocopies, creative activities, games etc).
- Keeping records as requested by the teacher which directly link with the children’s attainments or problems.
- Assisting in the management of pupils who are showing challenging behaviour in line with the school’s behaviour policy.
What the school offers its staff
- A lively, supportive and friendly team;
- High standards of behaviour;
- A deep-rooted professionalism;
- The ability and time to develop and grow;
- Opportunities to support your career development.
Commitment to safeguarding
Applying for the job
Apply for the job by following the link belowMore on how to apply (opens in new tab)
Upload additional documents
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About Hayes School
- School type
- Academy, ages 3 to 11
- Education phase
- View all Primaryjobs
- School size
- 428 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 3 to 11
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- School website
- Hayes School website (opens in new tab)
- Email address
- Phone number
Hayes School is a happy, thriving and improving primary school in the seaside town of Paignton. There are approximately 450 children on roll including nursery children. The children are mixed ability with two classes per year group.
Arranging a visit to Hayes School
To arrange a visit and increase the chance of a successful application email email@example.com.
Similar jobs nearby
Manadon Vale Primary School
St Peter's Road, Plymouth, Devon, PL5 3DL
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in Devon, Plymouth and Torbay