- Have excellent interpersonal skills based on effective communication
- Has a passion to ensure every child succeeds and reaches their full potential
- Will show commitment to enhancing the school’s spiritual ethos
- Promote and safeguard the welfare of children and young people within the school.
Please view the full Job Description for more information on the essential criteria and skills required for this role.
About us and the role
We are looking for an innovative and inspirational Teaching Assistant who puts the welfare and progress of children at the centre of everything they do and are able to support our students in reaching their full potential.
Would you like to join a school with exciting opportunities? Would you like to work with pupils who have excellent learning behaviour and a thirst for knowledge? Would you like to work in a school that values you as a person? Then Avanti Meadows Primary School is the school for you!
Avanti Meadows opened in September 2021 and is the first of three brand-new schools planned for the new all-through Learning Village in Bishop’s Stortford North. Our pupil numbers are steadily increasing, and at full capacity, Avanti Meadows will be a 3-form entry primary school, providing parents and pupils with the highest standards of education and pastoral care.
The site for Avanti Meadows is a brand-new building with contemporary and first-class facilities, which will make for a unique learning experience.
Since our first school opened in 2008, Avanti Schools Trust has grown in a considered and gradual way. Now, we are a family of 10 schools across the UK, serving over 4,500 children and young people and 450 staff.
If you are highly motivated and a good team player with enthusiasm, high expectations and good interpersonal skills, then please apply for this rewarding post with us.
Why should you apply
You will be working in a fantastic environment.
Avanti exists to help each person become a well-rounded human being through intellectual, moral and spiritual growth, and so make the world a better place.
What will you do?
- Work under the guidance of the class teacher in the planning and implementation of work programmes with individuals or groups of pupils or the whole class to promote effective teaching and learning
- During the short term absence of the class teacher a Level 3 teaching assistant may be required to supervise the whole class and deliver pre prepared activities
- Observe, monitor and evaluate pupil responses to learning activities through a range of assessment and monitoring strategies determined by the teacher
- Provide support for pupils’ emotional and social needs by encouraging and modelling positive behaviour in line with school policy
For a more comprehensive list of the job responsibilities, please view the full Job Description
Avanti Services Limited is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and requires all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All successful candidates are required to have an Enhanced DBS check unless internally appointed and still within the cycle of DBS re-checks.
Any appointment subsequently made will be subject to the receipt of satisfactory references and other pre-employment checks.
This job post has expired.