25 days remaining to apply
23 June 2023 at 11:59pm
26 May 2023
- Key stage 3, Key stage 4
- Fixed term
Full-time equivalent salary
- £15,654.47 to £16,228.39
Teaching Assistant job summary
Burnley High School has a fantastic opportunity for an enthusiastic and dedicated Level 1 Teaching Assistant to join the school. This position is term time working 32.5 hours per week over 39 weeks per year. The advertised salary is pro rata based on the full time equivalent - £20,812 to £21,575 pa.
What does this job do?
- To work under the direct instruction of teaching/senior staff, within the classroom with the teacher, supporting access to learning for pupils and providing general support to the teacher in the management of pupils and the classroom.
- To support pupils to overcome barriers to learning, promoting the inclusion of all pupils by developing their communication skills, supporting them to manage their behaviour, developing independence and social skills and to take responsibility for monitoring/reporting on the impact of classroom-based interventions.
- To provide teacher support, supervision, guidance and learning opportunities in all non-lesson-based activities as designated by the class teacher.
What are the job requirements?
- GCSE or Equivalent qualification in English and Mathematics at level 9 – 5.
- Experience of working with or caring for children of relevant age.
- Basic understanding of child development and learning
- Knowledge of how to support the development of independence.
- Ability to support phonics and reading development including use of cued articulation.
- Excellent written communication skills and a high level of ICT literacy.
- Ability to relate well to children
About Burnley High School:
Burnley High School was founded in 2014 in Burnley, Lancashire. It is a mainstream school for mixed pupils aged 11-16. Burnley High School is part of the Education Partnership Trust.
Values and Vision
Burnley High School promises to “transform lives” by empowering pupils to achieve their full potential. The school focuses on developing the “whole person”. Beyond academic expectations, young people also learn life skills, and their personal and social development is encouraged.
The school’s ambition is to build a life-long love of learning and a set of moral values to help pupils make a positive contribution to society.
About the Education Partnership Trust (EPT):
EPT was established in 2012 as a multi-academy trust and is an approved academy sponsor. Our vision is to create outstanding schools which transform learning, lives and communities. We benefit from our diverse and unique range of schools which include secondary mainstream, alternative provision and special and have a proven track record of sustained improvement. Our schools are united by a drive to improve opportunities and outcomes for children and young people within a collaborative learning culture.
Our staff are our most valued asset so we continually invest in our colleagues and we believe that all teaching and support staff posts within our schools are key in terms of supporting pupil achievement and improving their life chances. As such we are keen to recruit dedicated and ambitious professionals who will add value to our schools and trust by helping our young people to succeed.
“If you’re good at what you do, you can work anywhere. If you’re the best at what you do, we want you to work for Education Partnership Trust.”
Our extensive range of rewards and benefits include:
- Healthcare cash back plan provided free by the trust includes optical, dental, physio, diagnostics, health assessment, NHS prescription charges, hospital cover, discounted gym memberships plus lots more.
- 6 sessions of free counselling including CBT, wellbeing and bereavement.
- Cycle to Work scheme.
- Access to government pension schemes.
- Free parking.
- Green Car Scheme (Salary Sacrifice).
- Training, mentoring and progression opportunities including our Emerging Leaders programmes.
- Trust wide intranet to share knowledge and resources.
Incomplete application forms will not be shortlisted, if you need to discuss a reason for being unable to complete a section, please contact the recruitment team HR@ept-uk.com
If you would like a tour of the school please contact the School Business Manager – firstname.lastname@example.org
Applying for the job
Using the application form
This school accepts applications through their own website, where you may also find more information about this job.View advert on school website (opens in new tab)
About Burnley High School
- School type
- Free School, ages 11 to 16
- Education phase
- View all Secondaryjobs
- School size
- 557 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 16
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- School website
- Burnley High School website (opens in new tab)
Similar jobs nearby
Chorlton High School
Nell Lane, Manchester, Greater Manchester, M21 7SL
Teaching and Learning Assistant - Level 2
Eden Boys' School, Preston
Adelaide Street, Preston, Lancashire, PR1 4BD
Garstang Community Academy
Bowgreave, Preston, Lancashire, PR3 1YE
Leaventhorpe Lane, Bradford, West Yorkshire, BD13 3BH
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in Burnley and Lancashire, Blackburn and Blackpool