We are looking for a person with:
- An excellent general education
- GCSE Maths and English grade 4 / C and above or equivalent
- Strong communication skills
- The ability to use relevant technology/equipment
- The ability to work as part of a team
- A commitment to the happiness, well-being, self-esteem and progress of everyone at the school
- Personal skills and qualities required to form positive relationships with children, parents and carers
- High aspirations for their pupils and themselves
- A good knowledge of the EYFS would be an advantage but a willingness to learn and embrace its practice and principles is essential
- Previous experience of working in a special school would be advantageous but not essential
We will offer:
- Fabulous, warm and enthusiastic children
- A happy school with a welcoming and supportive team
- Personalised continuing professional learning
- Staff workwear
- Opportunities to work with experts from a range of disciplines
- Supportive governors and parents
- Free tea and coffee, free on site car parking
- Excellent wellbeing offering including occupational health, counselling service, salary sacrifice scheme including child care vouchers and cycle to work scheme
- Access to local government pension scheme
Closing date: Wednesday 6th December 2023Interview date: W/c 11th December 2023
Come and join our dedicated team at Castle Wood, a vibrant, innovative broad spectrum special needs school for children aged 3 to 11. We have received two successive outstanding Ofsted judgements and have been praised for our use of Early Years practice and principles throughout our school. We are looking for Teaching Assistants who are dynamic and enthusiastic to work in our inspirational special needs school. Our vision is ‘Together children first…’ and we need experienced Teaching Assistants with the professional behaviours of initiative, commitment, dedication, a sense of fun and the ability to work as part of a team. You are likely to be working with children who have complex autism, may be non-verbal and have challenging behaviours. You maybe working with children on a 1;1 or group basis. Knowledge and experience of Early Years practice and principles would be preferred as this underpins all teaching and learning in our school.
You will be employed on 33.5 hours a week, the working hours will be Monday - Wednesday 8.30am – 3.30pm, Thursday 8.30am – 4.30pm, Friday 8.30am – 3.30pm with a 30 minutes unpaid lunch break each day.
In your application form please detail the skills, knowledge and expertise which are required to become a successful Teaching Assistant and why you wish to work in a Special school in particular.
Unfortunately, due to the extremely high number of applications expected, we are unable to respond to each individual. If you have not heard by 18thDecember 2023 then your application has been unsuccessful at this time. Previous applicants need not reapply.
Our school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be required to undertake an enhanced criminal record check via the DBS.
Following recommendations from Keeping Children Safe in Education (KCSIE)for an additional pre employment check with effect 1 Sept 22, please note, an online search may form part of this recruitment process.
This job post has expired.