Teaching Assistant – Class and 1-2-1 named child (Maternity Cover)
26 days remaining to apply
Earliest start date
1 May 2023
Latest start date
31 May 2023
17 April 2023 at 9am
28 February 2023
- Key stage 2
- View all Part timejobs - Teaching Assistant to support the classroom teacher as a class TA and also to facilitate the active participation of 2 high needs children 1:1: 3.25hrs/wk - Mon 9am-12.15pm (L2 p6). 10hrs/wk – 1:1 named contract – Mon-Fri 1.15pm-3.15pm (L2 p6). 3.25hrs/wk – 1:1 named contract - Fri 9am-12.15pm (L2 p6).
- Maternity or parental leave cover - Expected to be 10 months
- Level 2 scp6
What skills and experience we're looking for
St Helen’s is an outward looking Good primary school with a real sense of purpose. It plays a central role in the heart of Bluntisham’s community. We are a small village school where staff and children are committed to working together.
The ideal candidate will be:
- Confident leading small groups and targeted interventions in a range of year groups
- Fully committed to the role of working alongside a pupil with Additional Needs
- Experienced in working with children with Special Educational Needs.
- Experienced in supporting children with emotional regulation difficulties
- Experienced at supporting children in developing their social interaction and social communication skills
- Experienced in helping children to understand risk and how to keep themselves safe
- Experienced in working with children with Social, Emotional and Mental Health needs
- Motivated, energetic and has a flexible and innovative approach to learning
- Passionate about providing the best opportunities possible for our children
- Committed to working as part of a hard-working and dedicated team
- Flexible and adaptable
- Calm and patient
Organised and efficient
What the school offers its staff
In return we can offer:
- a caring and supportive school ethos
- the opportunity to work with highly motivated staff
As a member of the St Helen’s team we expect all staff to uphold our school vision and follow policies and routines set out to ensure children have a positive school experience.
Further details about the role
If you would like the full job description and application pack or would like to arrange a visit to the school, please contact Amie Lill, Finance and HR Officer on email@example.com.
You are most welcome to ring the school and speak to the Head teacher or SENCO if you would like to know more about the post.
Find out more information about our school at: https://www.sthelensprimary.org/
Closing date: 9am on Monday 17th April. Interviews will be held on the morning of Wednesday 19th April 2023.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Find out more information about our school at: https://www.sthelensprimary.org/ We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. The offer of employment is subject to satisfactory pre-employment clearances including the right to work in the UK, ISA registration, Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check, online search, medical check and two satisfactory references.
Applying for the job
Please download the application form using the link below, and once completed send to firstname.lastname@example.orgDownload an application form - 55.4 KB
About St Helen's Primary School
- School type
- Local authority maintained school, ages 4 to 11
- Education phase
- View all Primaryjobs
- School size
- 180 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 4 to 11
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- School website
- St Helen's Primary School website (opens in new tab)
- Email address
- Phone number
- 01487 841 468
St Helen's is an outward looking primary school with a real sense of purpose. It plays a central role in the heart of Bluntisham’s community. We are a small village school where staff and children are committed to working together.
Arranging a visit to St Helen's Primary School
To arrange a visit and increase the chance of a successful application email email@example.com.
Similar jobs nearby
Teaching Assistant Key Stage 2
Laureate Community Academy
Exning Road, Newmarket, Suffolk, CB8 0AN
Burwell Village College (Primary)
The Causeway, Cambridge, Cambridgeshire, CB25 0DU
Priory Junior School
Longsands Road, St Neots, Cambridgeshire, PE19 1TF
Teaching Assistants at Trumpington Park Primary School
Trumpington Park Primary School
Hobson Avenue, Cambridge, Cambridgeshire, CB2 9EG
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in Cambridgeshire and Peterborough