Harris Academy Falconwood is looking for a Teaching Assistant to support individuals and groups of students.
Qualifications, Knowledge & Training
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- Some knowledge of strategies in working with young people with challenging behaviours
- Knowledge of some of the social issues facing students from disadvantaged backgrounds
- Awareness of Health and Safety issues in the workplace.
- Experience of working directly with young people in an education or training environment, supporting the learning of students.
- Experience of establishing and maintaining positive working relationships with a range of stakeholders, at all levels.
- Experience of managing and being responsible for own workload.
Personal Skills, Abilities & Qualities
- Good literacy and numeracy skills,
- Good interpersonal and communication skills, with an excellent standard of written and spoken English.
- Good administrative and organisational skills.
- Ability to interest, encourage, motivate and engage children
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Computer literate
We pride ourselves in creating a supportive community where our students are offered the best educational experience in order to develop confidence, self-belief and self-drive.
Our people are at the heart of our success. We have developed a strong culture of collaboration and best practice, with professional development and career planning at its centre. We invest in our staff with support, coaching, mentoring, and a wide range of top-quality training programmes delivered at every level to senior leadership.
In addition to the opportunities for career progression, training and development, we also offer a competitive rewards and benefits package which includes a Performance and Loyalty Bonus, Pension Scheme, a Wellbeing Cash Plan, electric car scheme, 26 days' annual leave (plus bank holidays) for non term-time only employees, and many other benefits.
Main Areas of Responsibility
- To supervise and provide support for
identified students, in 1:1, group or whole class situations
- To assist in the development of
appropriate resources, schemes of work and teaching strategies
- To assist in evaluating identified
- To provide detailed and regular feedback
on achievement, progress and needs
- To lead small group sessions and
- To attend to the students' personal
- To support with behaviour management
- To contribute to creating a
purposeful and supportive learning environment.
- Undertake structured and agreed
learning activities/teaching programmes as appropriate, adjusting activities to
ensure achievement of learning goals.
The Harris Federation and all our academies are committed to ensuring the highest levels of safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and we expect all our staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All offers of employment are subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check, references, and where applicable, a prohibition from teaching check will be completed.
This job post has expired.