● Ability to relate well to children and adults
● Ability to work flexibly, throughout the whole school, meeting the needs of
pupils in a range of contexts
● Level 2 (GCSE or equivalent) in mathematics and English, or suitable
● Understanding of child development and learning
● Ability to self-evaluate learning needs and actively seek learning
● Good organisational and interpersonal skills
● Willingness and ability to undertake physical management of pupils,
following appropriate training
● Willingness to undertake First Aid training and to attend to the medical,
first aid and personal needs of pupils.
● Ability to take an active role in the support of PE lessons
● Effective use of ICT to support learning
● Experience of working with or caring for children of relevant age
● Team Teach trained
● NVQ 2 for Teaching Assistants or equivalent qualifications or experience
● First aid trained
● Understanding of relevant policies/codes of practice and awareness of
● General understanding of National Curriculum
● Full driving licence
The Gallery Trust is a Multi Academy Trust which is dedicated to improving outcomes for
SEND learners in Oxfordshire. The aim of the Trust is to provide outstanding education and
support for young people with special needs and disabilities, enabled through:
- Commitment to special education – striving to provide the best specialist learning
experience for all students
- Opportunities for all to learn – ensuring that students and staff have access to
learning pathways which enhance their lives
- Genuine respect and value – creating relationships which promote trust, confidence
and respect within environments which are safe and secure
The Trust is on a continuing journey of expansion, growing from a Multi Academy Trust
based on a single academy in 2013, to its position as the largest Special Trust in
The Trust’s vision is to continue to expand over the next five years, supporting a community
of converter academies, free schools and sponsored academies.
All member academies
have the opportunity to share SEND expertise and to work with peers who share common
aims and goals.
The Trust is committed to investment in learning, developing system leadership, working in
partnership and through a shared vision, enabling all students to reach their full potential.
This job post has expired.