Harris Invictus Academy Croydon is looking for a Teaching Assistant to support individuals and groups of students at the academy, including those with SEND.
This will involve supporting learning in the classroom and attending to students' personal needs where required, including social, health, physical, hygiene, first aid and welfare matters.
The successful candidate will have:
- Qualifications to degree level or equivalent
- Basic knowledge of SEND and learning barriers
- Some knowledge of strategies in working with young people with challenging behaviours
- Knowledge of some of the social issues facing students from disadvantaged backgrounds
- Awareness of Health and Safety issues in the workplace
- Experience of working directly with young people in an education or training environment, supporting the learning of students
- Experience of establishing and maintaining positive working relationships with a range of stakeholders, at all levels
- Experience of managing and being responsible for own workload
- Good literacy and numeracy skills
- Good interpersonal and communication skills, with an excellent standard of written and spoken English
- Good administrative and organisational skills
- Ability to interest, encourage, motivate and engage children
- Ability to work effectively with team members across a wide range of levels and responsibilities
- Good ICT skills, including a working knowledge of Microsoft packages and the ability to update records and databases.
- Ability to work using own initiative, exercising good judgement where unsupervised
- Flexibility of approach to work
- Ability to maintain confidentiality, exercising tact and diplomacy
We believe passionately in our mission statement – ‘We Know, We Can, We Will'. We never settle for less and are driven by achievement and success. To be a committed member of the Harris Invictus community is to aspire to learn and gain knowledge. We are able to apply what we know to the outside world. We can do it and we will succeed no matter the circumstances or difficulties we face.
We invest in our staff with support, coaching, mentoring, and a wide range of top-quality training programmes delivered at every level to senior leadership.
We also offer a competitive rewards and benefits package which includes a Performance and Loyalty Bonus, Pension Scheme, a Wellbeing Cash Plan, electric car scheme, 26 days' annual leave (plus bank holidays) for non term-time only employees, and many other benefits.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Supervising and supporting identified students in 1:1, group or whole class situations, ensuring their safety and access to learning in a purposeful and supportive learning environment.
- Assisting in developing resources, schemes of work and teaching strategies, working with the teacher to ensure the provision supports learning needs.
- Assisting in evaluating identified students' progress and providing feedback on their achievements, progress and needs.
- Leading small group sessions and interventions as appropriate.
- Attending to students' personal needs where required.
- Supporting with behaviour management.
- Undertaking learning activities/teaching programmes, adjusting activities to ensure achievement of learning goals.
- Assisting with the supervision of students out of lesson times, including playtimes and undertaking lunchtime duty.
- Supporting students with their learning and development in respect of local and national learning strategies.
- Preparing the classroom for lessons, clearing afterwards and assisting with the display of students' work.
- Preparing and maintaining resources and assisting students in their use.
- Undertaking record keeping as requested.
- Establishing and maintaining positive relationships with parents/carers, gathering and reporting information as directed.
- Providing administrative support as required.
- Accompanying teaching staff and students on visits, trips and off site activities as required.
The Harris Federation and all our academies are committed to ensuring the highest levels of safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and we expect all our staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All offers of employment are subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check, references, an online search, and where applicable, a prohibition from teaching check will be completed.
This job post has expired.