- Job role
- Teaching assistant
SEND responsibilities (special educational needs and disabilities)
- Working pattern
33 hours per week. Term time plus one week.
- Contract type
- Annual or full-time equivalent (FTE) salary
- Grade 4/5 (FTE £23 340 - £26 918)
- Actual salary
- £18 316 - £21 124
Job summary33 hours includes SEN Homework Club until 4.15am once a week and 1.5 hours a week for meetings, candidates must be able to start work from 8.15am.
We are looking to appoint a professional, friendly and caring Teaching Assistant to join our well-established SEN Department to provide support for our SEN pupils. The pupils you will be working with have learning difficulties or behavioural issues and you will be supporting them in class so that they can participate in the lesson and achieve their full potential.
The successful candidate will be able to communicate effectively with pupils and adults alike and will have good literacy and organisational skills, as well as the ability to enthuse and motivate pupils at all levels. Candidates with previous ELSA training, or who would be willing to work towards the ELSA qualification, would be desirable.
This role would suit a graduate who wishes to gain in-school experience prior to undertaking teacher training as well as those who would like to pursue a career as a Teaching Assistant.
Glenthorne High School can offer you:
- The opportunity to work in an ‘outstanding’ school.
- A programme of professional development for all staff
- The opportunity to work with colleagues who have a passion to inspire pupils.
- Well established behaviour management systems, pupils feel valued and supported and able to learn.
- A 24/7 employee assistance programme which provides counselling and support / advice on a wide array of areas.
This job post has expired.
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.