Teaching Assistant: Food
This job expired on 2 October 2022 – see similar jobs
Start date details
As soon as possible
2 October 2022 at 11:59pm
20 September 2022
- Key stage 3, Key stage 4, Key stage 5
- View all Food Technologyjobs
- View all Part timejobs - 11 hrs 40 mins pw, term-time only
- Fixed term - Until 31 December 2022
Full-time equivalent salary
- £18516.00 - £18887.00 gross pa
Teaching Assistant: Food job summary
We are searching for a part-time Teaching Assistant to work with our Food team, to join us as soon as possible on a fixed term basis until 31 December 2022, to cover absence. There is potential to extend this and a permanent move to our Personalised Learning team may be possible for the right candidate.
We are looking for:
Someone to provide support to the Food team on a fixed term basis until the end of the year. You will support teachers in lessons, working with students to help raise standards of achievement.
HOURS: 11 hours 40 minutes per week, Thursday 8.40am to 3.10pm and Friday 8.40am to 2.50pm, term-time only, plus 5 training days pro rata.
SALARY: £18516.00 - £18887.00 gross pa (£9.60 - £9.79 per hour), pro rata for part-time, term-time. Starting salary equates to £4784.03 gross pa.
We offer you:
- An Outstanding School in all areas as judged by Ofsted in November 2021.
- A vibrant school with excellent facilities.
- Smaller than average class sizes (average 27 students per class).
- An environment where students have an excellent attitude to learning where they can grow academically and personally.
- Students who, through the wide and diverse academic and extra-curricular opportunities they are offered, grow as individuals and happily contribute to the school community.
- Opportunities for staff to come together both professionally and socially. Staff are kept up to date with regular communications as well as meetings (don’t worry, we only have them when we need to), sports activities and social gatherings.
- A focus on well-being for all staff and students.
- Children of staff gain admissions preference as per the School Admissions policy.
St Bart’s is a leading academy school (1900 on roll with a Sixth Form of 570) in West Berkshire and our long history and excellent community links provide our students with opportunities in many ways.
Road links are good as we are close to the A34 and M4, as well as excellent public transport and within walking distance of Newbury train station.
Closing date: Sunday 2 October 2022
If selected for interview you will be given a tour of the school by our students so you can see first-hand all that we have to offer, we think you’ll be impressed. If you have any questions please contact us on 01635 521255 or email email@example.com.
All applicants shortlisted with be subject to an online search. Successful candidates will be subject to a DBS enhanced check along with other relevant employment checks.
About St Bartholomew's School
- School type
- Academy, ages 11 to 18
- Education phase
- View all Secondaryjobs
- School size
- 1901 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 18
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- School website
- St Bartholomew's School website (opens in new tab)
- Email address
- Phone number
St. Bartholomew's School was founded in 1466 and is proud of its ancient tradition. It is now an 11-18 comprehensive school of over 1900 students with a Sixth Form of 570 serving Newbury and a wide area of West Berkshire and the Hampshire/Wiltshire borders, with outstanding facilities.
The school prides itself on its academic success and student progress is outstanding with the average progress score for the last 4 years being 0.63. This puts St Bartholomew’s in the top 8% of schools nationally which we are very proud of. A level results are in line with national averages.
Teaching at St Bartholomew’s School is a rewarding experience. Our students are eager to learn, well behaved and proud of their school, and this was reflected in our last Ofsted inspection (November 2021) in which the school was judged as Outstanding in all areas. As a school we are committed to ensuring that all the students and staff realise their full potential. Students leave the school as good citizens and this is underpinned by an exceptional house system and a vast range of extra curricular activities.
The professional development of staff is a significant factor in ensuring that we achieve our aim of improving on our previous best and there are rich professional development opportunities at St Bartholomew’s (see CPD offer on our website under Job Opportunities) at all levels. Our induction and ECT programme for new staff is supportive and thorough and coaching is available for all staff across the school upon request.
Similar jobs nearby
Maiden Erlegh School in Reading
81 Crescent Road, Reading, RG1 5SL
Art Technician - Blessed Hugh Faringdon School
Blessed Hugh Faringdon Catholic School
Fawley Road, Reading, Berkshire, RG30 3EP
Faringdon Community College
Fernham Road, Faringdon, Oxfordshire, SN7 7LB
Teaching Assistant - Hamilton School
135 Bulmershe Road, Reading, RG1 5SG
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in Berkshire