Note: Applicants will be considered as applications are received. Should a suitable candidate be identified, we may close the vacancy early.
Brunel Academies Trust are a proud, growing educational community with a vision to be an exceptional creative education family opening doors, opening minds and changing lives. We strive to significantly improve the life chances and outcomes for our children and young people (CYP) whether they are within our SEND provisions or mainstream schools.
As a growing Multi Academy Trust, now is a fantastic time to join our community of school support professionals. Churchward is a special school, rated Good by Ofsted in 2023, for young people aged 11-19 with Autistic Spectrum Conditions (ASC) and/or Social Communication Interaction Disorders (SCID).
Churchward is an inclusive and aspirational community where, built on absolute integrity, learning for life is holistic and specifically tailored to the needs of young people with social and communication challenges. Through our personalised approach and high expectations, we strive to ensure all students really achieve their potential helping to create positive young people equipped with life and work skills for a sustainable and fulfilled future.
Your role will be pivotal to our students and as part of the wider organisation’s community network. You will be part of an exciting phase as we work together to meet the end goal of our Trust: to collaborate and build a successful community of mainstream schools and SEND provisions to ensure our students have the education they deserve.
The attached job description will detail your role in full.
- Support student participation in learning activities and modify methods if appropriate
- Provide written and verbal feedback on student responses to learning activities
- Supervise and provide specific support for students, ensuring their safety and access to all learning activities
- Establish constructive relationships with students and interact with them appropriately
- Promote the inclusion and acceptance of all students ensuring motivation and engagement
- Assist with the supervision of students out of lesson times, including before and after school and at lunch/break time
Our person specification attached will contain the full areas of skills and experience, but it is really important to us that you feel comfortable and confident in your role, so although you may not have everything desirable, there are some essential features our appointee will need to have and these include:
- Proficient knowledge in literacy and numeracy
- Effective communicator
- Be highly motivated
- Be able to follow instruction and work independently
- Be committed to supporting an individualised and flexible curriculum which promotes independence, flexibility of thought and sensory integration
- Be able to work as part of a team
Training: It is important to us to ensure you feel valued and supported in this exciting, rewarding and important role that you undertake therefore, relative training will be provided to the appointed applicant upon starting.
Hours: 32.5 hours per week.
Brunel Academies Trust is a rapidly developing Multi Academy Trust. We value our colleagues and the effort they put into our children and young people day in and out. Whether through continuous professional development (CPD) to feed your ambitions, personal and impartial support through challenging days or exciting and easy to use discounts to enjoy with friends and family, we have a package of excellent benefits which are available to all staff including:
- Support on continuous professional development (CPD) opportunities
- Brunel Perks – exclusive discounts on a range of products and retailers from cinema tickets, food shopping and holidays
- Discounts with Swindon Designer Outlet Village
- Carefirst – impartial counselling service in person, by video call or phone as well as a citizen’s advice function for advice and support on personal or professional queries
- Excellent pension scheme
- Free on-site parking
- Annual pay progression opportunities
Most importantly, we can promise that you will achieve a high level of job satisfaction through the professional family community our colleagues represent; and the positive impact your role will have on supporting and developing our children and young people’s futures. Your role matters.
Potential talent for this exciting opportunity are warmly invited and encouraged to visit our setting to explore how unique and inspirational our children and team really are. In addition to exploring our school’s journey to success via our website, please contact the school office to arrange a visit to tour the site or/and have an informal conversation with the Headteacher via 1793 209198.
To learn more about our Trust and our mission, please do visit our website at www .brunel.org.uk or for more information on this exciting opportunity please write to resourcing @ brunel.org.uk
Brunel Academies Trust is committed to Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Appointment is subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service check, references and medical clearance.
Under the provision of the Equality Act 2010, Brunel Academies Trust welcomes applications from everyone and operates a recruitment process that is fair and does not discriminate against or disadvantage anyone because of their age, pronouns preference, disability, gender reassignment status, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy, paternity or maternity, race or nationality, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
This job post has expired.