As a school we are passionate about inclusion and we are looking for people who share the same drive and
commitment. We are looking to appoint highly effective and motivated Teaching Assistants to join our wonderful SEND
Our new colleagues will be confident in establishing constructive relationships and interacting with students
according to their individual needs.
The role will focus on supporting students who have significant barriers to their learning to ensure success and positive
The successful candidates will:
• Willingness to be flexible and support the school when needed
• Bring rigour and an eye for detail and experience to our ambitious school
• Be professional and approachable.
In return we can offer:
• A forward thinking and innovative Senior Leadership Team
• An open and transparent workplace that has an honest and respectful culture
• Friendly and enthusiastic children
• Caring, friendly colleagues with a strong team spirit and a positive attitude
• Supportive parents and Academy Councillors
The Westleigh School enjoys a successful partnership with the Shaw Education Trust, which is a growing multi academy
trust led by an Executive Leadership Team steeped in school leadership and improvement experience. Working with the
Shaw Education Trust also allows colleagues to access a large range of well-established training opportunities and work
alongside like-minded professionals across a range of schools.
The Shaw Education Trust offer the following benefits with your employment:
• An excellent Local Government Pension Scheme / Teachers Pension
• Generous holiday entitlement from your first day of employment (28 days holiday rising to 30 days after 5 years’
service + Paid Bank Holidays)
• Access to health and wellbeing support via Occupational Health
• Cycle to work scheme
• Access to our Institute of Education and fantastic opportunities to help you grow, contribute and flourish in
your role and in the Trust.
At The Westleigh School, each pupil can feel that they belong to a caring and supportive environment. The
school/academy is committed to the safeguarding and wellbeing of students and expects all staff to share this
The successful candidate will be required to undergo appropriate child protection screening including a DBS
Please click on the following link to refer to SET Safeguarding and Child Protection Policy
Further details and application forms are available from the school website www.thewestleighschool.co.uk /
www.shaw-education.org.uk/careers or by contacting the school.