This job expired on 16 April 2023 – see similar jobs
Start date details
April / May 2023
16 April 2023 at 11:59pm
23 March 2023
- View all Part timejobs - 35 hours per week, 39 weeks per year (term time, plus 5 days)
- £16,827 - £19,873 for hours and weeks stated
What skills and experience we're looking for
What you will need to succeed:
- Provide teaching and learning support, under the guidance of the class teacher, to pupils in all areas of the curriculum; promote high quality teaching and learning.
- Assist the teacher with observation and monitoring of the progress of pupils, maintaining accurate records in order to ensure documentation of all interventions with pupils, detailing their progress and achievement.
- To prepare differentiated work/materials for pupils’ use and display work and resources, (under the direction of the teacher).
- Promote positive behaviour patterns, raise self-esteem and improve independent working in pupils to assist in their education and growth.
- To ensure that pupils receive their statutory Duty of Care in a caring environment.
- To be familiar with the toileting and medical needs of pupils with disabilities in order to meet individual pupils’ needs as appropriate in the company of another adult.
- To supervise pupils and promote learning and safety, for example, at break and lunch times, on educational visits.
- To hold regular liaison time with the class teacher and other staff involved in the delivery of teaching and learning.
- To administer First Aid, subject to appropriate training.
- To assist the Teacher in creating a purposeful learning environment.
What the school offers its staff
What our Trust will offer you:
- A supportive working environment
- Excellent CPD opportunities across the Trust, wherever you are in your career.
- Focus on staff wellbeing, including 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme, free flu vaccination and eye care vouchers.
- Generous employer contribution to the Local Government Pension Scheme.
- Reduced membership of a fully-equipped fitness suite and classes – located on the site of New Horizons Children’s Academy and Rochester Grammar School
- Free parking in our secure staff car park
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- TSTARS Staff Recognition Programme, including seasonal rewards for all staff.
- Refer a Friend Scheme.
Upload additional documents
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About Gordons Children's Academy, Junior
- School type
- Academy, ages 7 to 11
- Education phase
- View all Primaryjobs
- School size
- 321 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 7 to 11
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- Email address
Arranging a visit to Gordons Children's Academy, Junior
To arrange a visit and increase the chance of a successful application email Alison.Harding@Southeast.tsat.uk.
Similar jobs nearby
Southwark local authority
Richmond Avenue Primary and Nursery School
Richmond Avenue, Southend-on-Sea, Essex, SS3 9LG
Lansdowne Primary Academy
Lansdowne Road, Tilbury, Essex, RM18 7QB
Albion Primary School
Albion Street, London, SE16 7JD
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in Kent and Medway