Westacre has a team of Teaching Assistants who work in a variety of ways supporting the teaching and learning of pupils. It is anticipated that the post will involve supporting children in Key Stage 2. The successful candidate will be expected to work 8.15 am – 3.00 pm Monday – Friday to include one break duty per week of 15 minutes and to be part of the Lunchtime Supervisor team three times a week during lunch breaks on a rota basis. Our Teaching Assistants also run an after-school activity club, in pairs, once a week in addition to their role.
The post will include:
• Working in classes under the direction of a teacher supporting small groups
• Providing 1-1 support at identified times for children with additional needs
• Withdrawing small groups/individuals for part of a lesson to give one to one focused support
• Preparing and organising resources to support small group teaching as required
• To deliver bespoke interventions as directed by whole school planning
• Supporting the work of our year leaders by undertaking administrative work
• Contributing to the school’s environment by displaying children’s work to its best advantage
• Supervising children during lunchtimes on the playground and in the lunch hall.
• Contributing to an after-school club activity
The person appointed will be able to work as part of a team in a flexible role, work under their own initiative, have patience and understanding as well as a sense of humour. Westacre is a friendly and welcoming school and we look forward to hearing from you.
Applying for the job
Supporting documents, including application form, can be found at the following location