- Job role
- Teaching assistant
SEND responsibilities (special educational needs and disabilities)
- Working pattern
- Full time
- Contract type
- NJC Grade 6 £20,493 - £22,627 FTE (Actual Annual salary in the region of £14,761 - £16,298 pa)
Faringdon Community College are looking for a Teaching Assistant (TA) to work with students with Special Educational Needs and in particular students with literacy difficulties. As well as supporting students in the classroom, the postholder will be responsible for delivering agreed intervention programmes with individuals and groups of students outside the classroom under the guidance of the SENCo. The role will involve assisting the SENCo with the planning, the management/preparation of resources and the evaluation of the intervention. It may also involve liaison with teaching staff and parents.
Key requirements for this role include:
• Knowledge and experience of working with young people with specific learning difficulties in a learning environment;
• Willingness to undertake CPD to further develop expertise;
• Good organisational, communication and interpersonal skills;
• Excellent numeracy and literacy skills;
• an ability to work flexibly and with initiative, adjusting activities according to student responses and needs and
• The ability to establish productive working relationships with students, acting as a role model and setting high expectations.
Applying for the job
For more information, including a copy of the job description and application form, please visit our website http://www.fccoxon.co.uk/vacancies/ or speak to the Trust Recruitment team on 01367 240375. Completed application forms must be returned to: Recruitment@faringdonlearningtrust.org
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.