Hatch End High School, Harrow
|Job role||Suitable for NQTs|
|Working pattern||Full-time only|
|Salary||Scale H3 (£15,322 - £15,598 per annum)|
We are looking for two Teaching Assistants to join our team to offer specific support for students with Special Educational Needs.
To provide support to students within all year groups who have SEN, working flexibly across all curriculum areas to meet student needs.
• Using specialist skills, knowledge, experience or qualifications in support of teachers in a named curriculum subject area. This may change according to needs as determined by the SEN Manager.
• To provide in-class support as and when required, supporting all students on the SEN register in all subject areas.
• To support small group and individual work in any subject area under the guidance of the teacher including small booster groups.
• To provide feed-back to the SEN Manager and other relevant colleagues regarding concerns about any student/s.
• To work with or towards the targeted and measurable progress of pupils on the SEN register in a specific area of SEN (such as SpLD, Speech and Language Support).
• To work in partnership with teachers, departments and SEN colleagues to develop, create and maintain differentiated schemes of work, specific activities and resources to allow maximum access to the curriculum for students of all abilities.
• During normal working hours, undertake directed duties e.g. supervising a student over lunch break/supervising a group of students.
• Set up and run a club in a core curriculum subject during tutor time e.g. Lexia.
• To work with students with Education Health Care Plans (EHCPs) ensuring individual needs are met, including the implementation of the Plans and the monitoring of progress. This may include assisting with personal care and welfare requirements.
• Provide formal feedback to the SEN Manager in preparation for annual reviews of students with EHCPs.
• To accompany teachers and classes on extra-curricular activities, taking responsibility for a group of students under the supervision of the teacher.
• To attend and contribute to SEN Department team meetings and subject Departmental meetings as required.
• To work with other professionals as necessary and appropriate.
• To have a good working knowledge of SIMS to access necessary student data, checking e-mails on a daily basis to ensure that all student data is accurate and up to date. In addition, time should be made to access the written SEN files for additional information.
• To contribute to and implement the School’s Behaviour Policy and support students in complying with the policy.
• To establish good working relationships with families in support of students’ needs.
• To support Form Tutors at registration and play an active role in tutor admin e.g. checking link books, uniform etc.
• To undertake any necessary training to meet the requirements of the role, including subject departmental training and INSET.
Closing date: Noon, Monday 24 August 2020
Start date: As soon as possible
Application forms are available on our website www.hatchend.harrow.sch.uk together with the job description, person specification and more information on your career at Hatch End High School.
We offer a highly supportive environment and a comprehensive CPD programme with superb promotion prospects and career development.More on how to apply
- JD - Teaching Assisant - July 2020.pdf  0.55 MB
|School size||1196 pupils enrolled|
|Age range||11 to 18|
|Ofsted report||View Ofsted report|
|School website||Hatch End High School website (opens in a new window)|
About Hatch End High School
Hatch End High School is a high performing, innovative Academy in Harrow with Arts College status and a large and highly successful Sixth Form. We are extremely proud of our diverse and multi-ethnic cohort and outstanding reputation for Inclusion. Standards and progress are high but we are never complacent. Our school ethos, WE CARE: Co-operation, Ambition, Respect, Excellence, underpins everything we do.
Hatch High School is an equal opportunities employer. This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All posts working in schools are subject to an enhanced DBS clearance and two written references.
Headstone Lane, Harrow, HA3 6NR