Teaching Assistant job summary
Heronswood Primary School and Pre-School is looking to appoint an enthusiastic, experienced Teaching Assistants to work in KS2.
You will have:
• Previous experience of working in KS2
• Have current knowledge of KS2 Curriculum
• Good understanding of supporting behaviour in a nurturing
• Team Teach trained would be advantageous
• Able to work with children 1:1 as required, including children with
• Able to work in the whole class environment
• Excellent emotional intelligence and good interpersonal skills
• Drive and passion and be flexible and creative
• Excellent communication skills
• Understanding of how children learn and develop
• Understanding to differing children’s needs
• Understanding of how to nurture and support
Your responsibilities will include:
• Assisting teacher and pupils
• Working with pupils on an individual or group basis as required by the
• Assisting in offsite visits
• Aiding pupils with special needs to access all subjects of the national
curriculum and encourage their independence as learners
• Motivating and encouraging pupils to behave well in and around
• Meeting the physical and/ or hygiene needs of pupils as required
• Supporting children at lunchtime
Please send your completed application form to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: Monday 4th July, 2022 at 12.00 noon
Interview Date: Friday 8th July, 2022
Heronswood Primary School and Pre-School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be required to undertake all essential safeguarding checks, including an enhanced DBS check.
Please note if you have not been contacted by Friday 8th July, 2022 you have not been successfully shortlisted on this occasion.
Applying for the job
Please complete the attached Rivers CofE Academy Trust application formDownload an application form - 417 KB
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.