- Job term: Permanent / Part Time
- Location: Holditch Inclusion Hub
- Hours: 1140 hours per annum (30 hours per week / 38 weeks per year) Monday – Friday, 8.30am to 3.30pm
- Salary: C4 - £19,264 (Full-Time Equivalent)
- Closing date: Friday 12 August 2022
We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and committed individual to join the Holditch Inclusion Hub in Okehampton. The Inclusion Hub facilitates high quality and bespoke provision for a small number of pupils. Applicants should have the skills and commitment to motivate students of all ages to reach their potential whatever their prior attainment and should understand and be able to assist teaching across the ability range at Key Stages 3 and 4. Proven experience of working with young people in a learning environment is also essential, as is Level 2 Numeracy/Literacy skills and NVQ 3 for TAs, or equivalent qualification.
The successful candidates will be responsible for supporting the Holditch teacher with the day to day delivery of curricular and specialised education, alongside high quality pastoral care. Working closely with the SENDCO and teacher responsible for The Inclusion Hub, they will establish and evaluate the needs of students and ensure support programmes are in place, adapted and delivered to achieve the ultimate goal of transition to the most appropriate educational provision for the child. You will have to be able to demonstrate:
- A commitment to inclusive education and achievement for all;
- Excellent communication, organisational and planning skills;
- A knowledge of effective differentiation and planning for progress;
- An ability to deliver inspiring, engaging and challenging learning opportunities for disengaged young people.
- A commitment to safeguarding students.
We are at a very exciting stage of development, achieving success in many areas. If you feel you have the skills and abilities to undertake the role of Teaching Assistant, we would love to hear from you.
We are delighted to be part of Dartmoor Multi Academy Trust which came into effect on 1st January 2018. Our Trust consists of a total of 3 secondary schools and 14 primary schools and provides further opportunity for sharing good practice and resources and for staff development.
All schools in The Dartmoor Multi Academy Trust are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the Disclosure Barring Service (DBS).
This job post has expired.