Salary Grade: Grade 4, Point 4-5 (£18,426-£18,795)
Contract Type: Full-time, 1 year in first instance
Hours of Work: 31.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday (with half an hour unpaid lunch). Term time only (38 weeks) plus two INSET days in September and October
Responsible To: Director of Learning Support
Closing Date: Monday 2 November 2020 at 12 noon
Interview Date: Interviews on application. Should a suitable candidate be identified before the closing date, the vacancy may be closed early.
John Mason School is a friendly, dynamic school with a supportive and warm ethos.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, self-motivated Teaching Assistant to join our committed Learning Support Team. If you would enjoy working in a friendly and busy school helping children with special needs and learning difficulties to make progress this could be the right opportunity for you.
Experience and training as a Teaching Assistant would be an advantage but not essential. We are looking for evidence of a real desire to help students achieve and a caring and sensitive approach to students’ needs.
The successful candidate will:
• Work effectively and flexibly within a team of experienced Teaching Assistants to support classes across the curriculum from Year 7 to Year 11.
• Be prepared to work with/support the learning of small groups of students or individuals as necessary.
• Build positive relationships with young people and be sensitive to their individual needs.
• Be committed to inclusion and equality of opportunity.
• Have good spoken and written English, and possess literacy and numeracy skills, preferably in English and Maths to at least GCSE Grade C or equivalent, and show a willingness to learn.
• Be proficient in IT to effectively support learning.
Applying for the job
The job description can be found at https://www.johnmason.oxon.sch.uk/joining-us/vacancies/