Contract type: Permanent
Hours: 30 hours per week (part-time - term-time only)
Salary: L4 (pay scale range 9 - 14)
Start date: as soon as possible
The Governing Body of Hillborough Infant and Nursery School is seeking to appoint a Teaching Assistant (L4) to work as part of our EYFS/KS1 team to start as soon as possible. Hillborough Infant and Nursery School is Ofsted rated Good, with pupils who are keen to learn.
We can offer:
- A supportive, enthusiastic and friendly team;
- Children who are well behaved and want to learn;
- A refurbished wellbeing/SEN room;
- Commitment to your own professional development;
- Newly upgraded IT infrastructure and investment in IT.
We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and reliable individual. We require a committed and self-motivated individual with an enthusiasm for working with young people.
The successful applicant will work as part of a team and will undertake a range of tasks such as:
- Must have a NVQ in childcare Level 3, NNEB or equivalent qualification
- Have experience of working in a school environment (EYFS & Key Stage 1);
- Be able to communicate effectively with children, parents and other professionals;
- Be able follow the agreed lesson plans, support the teaching and learning of individual or groups of pupils, using support strategies appropriate to the needs of pupils, providing feedback and liasing over problems.
- Be able to contribute to the planning of teaching and learning for the whole class and/or individual pupils on a short, medium and long-term basis.
- Be able to work well as a member of a team, be proactive and able to work on own initiative;
- Be able to maintain and enhance the School’s high standards;
- Contribute towards the School ethos, improvement activities and the wider School community;
- Be able to positively promote inclusion;
- Have a positive attitude, be flexible, enthusiastic with good communication skills;
- Be adaptable to a changing school environment;
- Be prepared to attend training arranged outside of contracted hours.
Successful applicants may be called to interview before the closing date so early applications are encouraged.
If you are successful in being shortlisted, you will be required to bring the original documents listed below to the interview - failure to bring the documents to interview could mean that we will not progress further with your application:
- Evidence to support your ID (e.g. passport, driving licence, birth certificate)
- Proof of eligibility to work in the UK (please see attached evidence to support your right to work in the UK)
- Proof of Address (e.g. Bank or Benefit statement issued within 3 months, Council tax or P45/P60 statement issued within 6 months)
All applications must be made through MyNewTerm
Closing date: 6th December 2023
Initial shortlisting: 7th December 2023
Interviews: Week commencing 11th December 2023
- Successful applicants may be called to interview before the closing date so early applications are encouraged.
This job post has expired.