Fixed term (31/08/2022)
Job Title: Teaching Assistant/Learning Support Assistant
Hours of Post: 32.5 hours, term time only, Monday to Friday
Contract Type: Fixed Term until 31st August 2022 (linked to SEND funding)
Start Date of Post: September 2021
Salary Grade: NJC Scale 3, Points 5-6
We are seeking to appoint highly motivated Teaching Assistants and Learning Support Assistants to join our caring, friendly and forward thinking Trust.
The successful candidates will be part of our staff team and based at Gatley Primary School.
We are looking for someone who:
• Is creative and has a passion for working with children
• Is confident in delivering to groups of children of all abilities
• Is empathetic, patient and uses their initiative when working with children
• Is flexible and has experience of working with primary children
• Is open to professional development opportunities as part of a curriculum team
• Is able to effectively safeguard children, in accordance with the schools policies and practices, in order to ensure children experience the highest quality educational provision.
We can offer you:
• A friendly, supportive and committed team of staff and governors
• A working environment where children’s voices are heard and used as part of the curriculum design
• A working environment where staff are valued and invested in
• The opportunity to be part of forward thinking and creative Trust of five schools, including both primary and secondary schools
• A comprehensive employee assist programme and support package
The application forms and an information pack are available to download from here. Completed forms should be returned to the school email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Our schools are fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our children and we expect all staff and volunteers to share the same commitment.
The successful applicant's appointment will be subject to satisfactory pre-employment clearances including an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.
Closing Date: Thursday 17th June 2021 at 12noon
Shortlisting: Friday 18th June 2021
Interview Date: Tuesday 29th June 2021
Please note that this is a private organisation and the appointed candidate will be employed by Education Learning Trust directly.
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
Academy, ages 4 to 11
489 pupils enrolled
4 to 11
About Gatley Primary School
Gatley Primary School is a large, two/three-form entry school located within a pleasant suburban area on the outskirts of Stockport. The school currently has 520 pupils on roll aged between 3 and 11. We see ourselves very much as a family school, where education is a partnership between staff, parents /carers and pupils, and where we work together for the good of all our children.
Gatley Primary provides a unique learning experience for children, which they design themselves. Our children co-construct the curriculum around their own interests and backgrounds. This starts with suggestions for themes, developing activities and then moves through to creating their own success criteria for a lesson. Staff feel that this level of involvement is crucial to everyone’s engagement and excitement for the curriculum.
Along with this, children are provided with an independent learning approach through which they are able to make choices and challenge themselves in the learning environment. Whilst a specific and challenging success criteria underpins everything within the environment, children explore and challenge themselves, accessing a range of key skills.