Oriel Academy is an amazing and popular school because we believe in all of our pupils and encourage them to reach their full potential through enjoyment and challenge.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and creative Learning Support Assistant to join our friendly team of supportive staff. The successful candidate will need to be highly motivated, hard working with a sense of fun and have high expectations of children.
You will work under the direction of the Class Teacher to plan, prepare and deliver learning activities to individual pupils and groups. You will provide care and support programmes to enable access to learning for pupils which includes assessments and reports on pupils’ progress. The successful candidate will also assist the teachers in the management of pupils in the classroom. You should have a good standard of English and Maths and knowledge of the primary curriculum and will be able to contribute effectively to curriculum planning and assessment of children’s learning.
We would love you to join us if you can demonstrate that you are:
- Educated to GCSE Level C or above in English and Maths
- Confident, enthusiastic and have a passion for learning
- Able to demonstrate excellent English skills (clear written and spoken English) along with good reading, writing and numeracy skills
- An excellent, enthusiastic and committed practitioner who believes in the value of continuing CPD
- Someone who has high expectations of behaviour and achievement for all pupils
- Creative and able to make a difference
- Adaptable and aspirational
- Committed to securing good outcomes for all pupils and have a belief that all can achieve well
- Able to build good working relationships with staff, pupils and their parents/carers
- A dynamic and forward looking staff who enjoy working together
- Children who are excited by school and love to learn
- A strong commitment to staff development – helping you to achieve the best in a supportive environment
- Upskilling Apprenticeship package
- Fast route to teaching programmes for all TA/LSA/HLTA staff
- An experienced and caring Academy Trust
Visits to our school are warmly encouraged.Please contact the Associate Principal to arrange an appointment via the school office, details above.
This job post has expired.