Teaching Assistant Level 1
Fixed Term for 12 months
32.5 hours Per Week
Term Time Only (39 weeks per year)
Grade 2 SCP 3 FTE £22,737
Actual Annual salary £17,239 - £17,629
We are a Multi Academy Trust comprising of six secondary schools, one primary school, and two alternative provisions, with over 750 employees and over 5,500 students, based in Dudley and Staffordshire in the West Midlands.
At Invictus we are values driven and as such believe ‘anything is possible’. Our estate supports learners to share the same ethos; young people who are most vulnerable are supported to flourish and experience success.
We are seeking a teaching assistant to support young people both pastorally and academically.This is a fixed term post with potential for a permanent position.
Working under guidance of the Learning Manager the successful candidate will provide both academic and pastoral support to students to overcome barriers to learning in order to achieve excellent outcomes.
Qualifications & Experience
A good standard of Maths and English, preferably GCSE’s at grade C/4 and above.Evidence of relevant ongoing CPD would be advantageous.
It is an offence to apply for this role if you are barred from engaging in regulated activity relevant to children.
Closing date: Monday 4th December 2023, 5pm
We do reserve the right to close this advertisement early if we receive a high volume of suitable applications.
Interviews due to take place: To be confirmed
Leasowes High School,
located in Halesowen, is a “Good” school that aspires to be outstanding. We
have created a traditional ethos and value highly such things as excellent
standards of uniform, strong standards of discipline, high expectations of
behaviour, personal resilience, fairness and a caring attitude towards the
school and local community. Our school motto is “Aspire and Achieve”, and this
positive yet challenging message underpins all that we do to achieve the very
best outcomes for our students.
Regular duties would include:
- Supervising the activities of individuals or groups of young people within the provision.
- Under the instruction/guidance of the Learning Manager, support students with sensory and/or physical impairment/medical conditions as defined in individual EHCP’s.
- Under the instruction/guidance of the Learning Manager, support students with non-specific learning difficulties
- Under the instruction/guidance of the Learning Manager, support students with behavioural, emotional and social development needs e.g. implementation of behaviour management policies/promotion of school policies relating to pupil behaviour.
- Under the instruction/guidance of the Learning Manager/external agency worker support students with communication and interactions difficulties.
- Assist students in the use of resources including IT
- Maintain students interests and motivation
- Support individuals and group work assigned by the Learning Manager is raising core skills.
- Support student passports, including the coproduction and reviews.
- To be aware of pupil’s barriers to learning, achievements, progress and report to the Learning Manageras agreed.
- Supervise and provide particular support for students, including those with special needs ensuring their safety and access to learning activities
- Establish a constructive relationship with students and interact with them according to individual needs.
- Provide feedback to students in relation to progress and achievement under the guidance of the Learning Manager.
- Undertake routine marking in line with school policy.
- Design and produce displays with minimal supervision.
- Contribute information to pupil records (e.g. assessment information)
- Work with parents to enhance students learning
- Liaise with parents as appropriate.
- Support out of hours school learning activities and personal development experiences (within established guidelines)
If you're interested in teaching or training to teach in England as an international citizen, we can help you understand your next steps
Skilled worker visa sponsorship is not available for this job.