Teaching Assistant Level 1 - Fixed Term - Maternity
This job expired on 6 March 2023 – see similar jobs
6 March 2023 at 9am
2 February 2023
- Fixed term
Full-time equivalent salary
- £18,554.00 to £19,236.00
Teaching Assistant Level 1 - Fixed Term - Maternity job summary
We are looking for an exceptional Level 1 Teaching Assistant - Fixed Term - Maternity to join our team here at Royton & Crompton Academy, to work with teachers to support teaching and learning by providing specialist support to the teacher in an aspect of the curriculum, age range or additional needs.
Reporting to the HLTA or SLT link, this post holder will be accountable for
Support for pupils
- Work with individuals or small groups of pupils in the classroom under the direct supervision of teaching staff
- Supervise and provide particular support for pupils, including those with special needs, ensuring their safety and access to learning activities
- Support pupils to understand instructions and support independent learning
- Assist with the implementation of Individual Education/Behaviour plans and Personal Care programs under the supervision and guidance of teaching staff
Support for the teacher
- Create and maintain a purposeful, orderly and supportive environment in accordance with lesson plans and assist with the display of pupils’ work
- Use strategies, under the supervision and guidance of the teacher, to support pupils to achieve learning goals
- Monitor pupils’ responses to learning activities and accurately record achievement and progress as directed
Support for the curriculum
- Undertake structured and agreed learning activities/teaching programmes under the supervision and guidance of teaching staff
- Undertake programmes linked to local and national learning strategies e.g., literacy, numeracy, early years recording achievement and progress and feeding back to the teacher
- Support the use of ICT in learning activities and develop pupils’ competence and independence in its use
- Prepare and clear up the learning environment and resources, including photocopying, filing and the display and presentation of pupils’ work and contribute to maintaining a safe environment
For a full description of the role, see the Job Description and Person Specification.
The Salary for the position is SCP4 - 6 - £18,554 - £19,236 - FTE: £21,189 - £21,968
37 hours per week, 39 weeks per year - This position is for maternity cover..
In September 2019, E-Act Royton and Crompton Academy moved into a brand new, state of the art, learning complex to ensure we provide the very best outcomes for all our children.
Our biggest priority is to ensure that through the best quality of education, outstanding teaching we provide the very best educational experiences and outcomes for all our students allowing everyone access to the curriculum and entitlements that they require in order to succeed in their chosen career pathways.
We are an E-ACT academy and proud to be part of a community that includes over 18,000 pupils and over 2,500 teaching and non-teaching professionals across the country.
What the trust offers in return:
- Competitive local Government Pension Scheme
- Ride to Work Scheme
- Market leading Personal Development and Training plans to further your career
- Access to Mental Health First Aid Programme
- 24 hours access to Employee Assistance Programme
To hear more about the amazing work at E-ACT please follow this link: https://www.e-act.org.uk/
E-ACT is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults, and all appointments are subject to enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) checks and satisfactory references.
E-ACT is also committed to promoting equality, challenging discrimination and developing community cohesion. We welcome applications from all sections of the community .
Commitment to safeguarding
About E-ACT Royton and Crompton Academy
- School type
- Academy, ages 11 to 16
- Education phase
- View all Secondaryjobs
- School size
- 1113 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 16
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
In September 2019, E-Act Royton and Crompton Academy moved into a brand new, state of the art, learning complex to ensure we provide the very best outcomes for all our children. Our biggest priority is to ensure that through the best quality of education, outstanding teaching we provide the very best educational experiences and outcomes for all our students allowing everyone access to the curriculum and entitlements that they require in order to succeed in their chosen career pathways.
Similar jobs nearby
Accrington St Christopher's Church of England High School
Queen's Road West, Accrington, Lancashire, BB5 4AY
451 Mauldeth Road West, Manchester, Greater Manchester, M21 7SX
Tottington High School
Laurel Street, Bury, Lancashire, BL8 3LY
Stocksbridge High School
Shay House Lane, Sheffield, South Yorkshire, S36 1FD
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in Oldham and Greater Manchester