Teaching Assistant Level 2 (TA2)
11 days remaining to apply
Job start date
1 September 2023
16 June 2023 at 9am
19 May 2023
- Key stage 1, Key stage 2
- View all Part timejobs - 32.5 Hours per Week Monday to Friday 08:30am-15:30pm Term Time Only
Full-time equivalent salary
- £22,369-23,620 pro rata
- Grade D (SCP 7-10)
What skills and experience we're looking for
We are looking for talented individuals who want to
be a part of transforming education, and helping create
an exceptional place of learning at St John Fisher RC Primary School.
We are seeking an outstanding educator who understands the importance of providing a safe, secure, healthy and stimulating environment for our learners. Who understands how to nurture children's learning and who will encourage their sense of wonder. Someone who understands the importance of positive relationships, high quality interactions and rich opportunities, who has a positive can-do attitude and would enjoy working within our fantastic team.
You will work with individuals or small groups of pupils in the classroom under the direction of the class teacher. You will also provide support for pupils, including those with special educational needs or medical needs, ensuring their safety and equal access to learning.
You will support the teachers in creating and maintaining a purposeful, orderly and supportive environment in accordance with lesson plans, monitor pupils’ responses to learning activities, accurately record achievement and progress, support with photocopying, filing and the display and presentation of pupil’s work.
Our ideal candidate is:
- Creative and has a passion for working with children
- Confident in delivering a firm but fair approach
- A positive role model for the pupils in their care
- Empathetic, patient and can use their initiative when working with children
- Someone who enjoys working as part of a team
- Happy to contribute to the success of our exciting School vision
- A ‘can do’ person who works positively and collaboratively with others
- Committed to our strong Catholic ethos and a clear vision of Catholic education
- Has a desire to continually develop within their profession
The successful candidate will work closely alongside our staff team providing learning support and behaviour management to individual children within an inclusive environment
What the school offers its staff
We offer you:
- A vibrant school with a committed, supportive and friendly staff team;
- Automatic enrolment into the Local Government Pension Scheme for support staff
- A pleasant, well-resourced working environment;
- A firm commitment to your continued professional development;
- Enthusiastic and creative children;
- A school in which creativity is valued and nurtured;
- A strong, caring Catholic ethos where all are valued;
- A Governing Body supportive of the school’s desire to attain very high standards in all areas of development.
Further details about the role
As a school, we expect our staff to be flexible and to move year groups linked to the current need. The post may require staff to move elsewhere in school in the future. We are seeking a highly motivated and dedicated Teaching Assistant to join our caring, friendly and forward-thinking school. We encourage applications from experienced teaching assistants from Key Stage One and Key Stage Two.
We are seeking a passionate and dedicated teaching assistant who wants to support the delivery of an education that ensures our children succeed both academically and socially. We value innovative, forward-thinking and driven individuals who work with equal efficacy independently and as part of a team. This role would suit dynamic individuals who are able to inspire pupils, no matter what their starting points, to develop to their full potential.
We know that being a teaching assistant is rewarding but highly challenging so to achieve great things, we need great people. That’s why we will help you to be the very best that you can be. We provide excellent tailored training and CPD is available at every stage in your career.
When applying for this role, consider:
- Do you have the skills and the passion to support the children here at St John Fisher RC Primary School?
- Are you a team player who has high aspirations for all children?
- Can you build strong relationships with children and adults?
- Are you fully committed to supporting children to help them achieve their full potential whatever their needs?
- Do you have the knowledge and understanding of the National Curriculum?
- Do you understand how to motivate and support children using clear and effective strategies?
- Do you have experience of working with children with additional needs?
- Are you committed to supporting the wider life of the school?
Commitment to safeguarding
Applying for the job
Please download the application form using the link below, and once completed send to email@example.comDownload an application form - 63.5 KB
Upload additional documents
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About St John Fisher RC Primary School, Denton
- School type
- Local authority maintained school, Roman Catholic, ages 3 to 11
- Education phase
- View all Primaryjobs
- School size
- 231 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 3 to 11
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- Email address
- Phone number
- 0161 336 5308
As a Catholic school in the Diocese of Salford our Mission and Core Values are at the heart of everything we do. Love, Faith, Courage and Passion are known by all the children and lived each and every day. St John Fisher School is a lovely place to be. Our children are happy and together with their parent/carers, siblings and extended family are part of the wider St John Fisher family. The staff and children of the ASD Base contribute to the school family in a very unique way and share in a number of joint celebrations with the main school each week. All staff work in partnership with parents/carers and strive to keep improving the education we offer for our children. We value the contributions parents/carers make for it is when home, school and parish work well together that we get the best possible outcomes for our children. We want to provide memories that our children will have for a lifetime but to also equip them with the skills, confidence and resilience to become change-makers of the future. We are ambitious and we want our children to reach for the stars. We welcome visits to the school so that you can see for yourself why St John Fisher RC Primary School and ASD Resource Base is such a special place to be.
Arranging a visit to St John Fisher RC Primary School, Denton
To arrange a visit and increase the chance of a successful application email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Similar jobs nearby
Teaching Assistant Level 2 - EYFS
Green End Primary School
Burnage Lane, Manchester, Greater Manchester, M19 1DR
Teaching Assistant SEN Level 1
Matthews Lane, Manchester, M12 4GR
Teaching Assistant Level 2 - Reception
Cringle Brook Primary School
388 Slade Lane, Levenshulme, M19 2HT
Teaching Assistant Level 3 KS1
Brookburn Community School
Brookburn Road, Manchester, M21 8EH
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in Greater Manchester