- Job role
- Teaching assistant
SEND responsibilities (special educational needs and disabilities)
- Working pattern
- Will consider full time, part time, term time
32.5 hours per week, Term Time
- Contract type
- Fixed term (Fixed term until 31st August 2022)
- Grade E, (SCP 10 - 14) - £21,322 - £23,080 (pro rata to hours worked)
Teaching Assistant Level 2
32.5 hours per week, Term Time
Grade E, (SCP 10 - 14) - £21,322 - £23,080 (pro rata to hours worked)
Fixed term until 31st August 2022
The Board of Trustees wish to provide an opportunity for an enthusiastic Teaching Assistant. We are looking for a highly motivated candidate to become part of our school team. The post holder will be based at Village Primary Academy.
The Harmony Trust was established in February 2014 and currently has 15 schools under the Trust umbrella. This brings with it exciting opportunities for career progression and development for existing and future employees. The Harmony Trust has high expectations of our pupils and staff. We have an excellent reputation and are innovative in our aim for educational excellence.
The successful candidates will:
• NVQ 2 for Teaching Assistants or equivalent qualification or experience
• Literacy and Numeracy skills equivalent to Level 1 of the National Qualification & Credit Framework
• Completion of Department for Education Teacher Assistant Induction Programme (or to complete within first term)
• Awareness of the requirements of children with special needs
• Experience of working with learning resources and helping with their preparation to support learning programmes
• Experience of Working with or caring for children of a relevant age to those in the school
• Communication skills to liaise sensitively and effectively with parents and carers
• Basic understanding of a child’s development and learning.
We can offer you:
• the opportunity to be part of our team, who are committed to educational excellence
• friendly and supportive staff, parents and trustees,
• a commitment to high quality professional development,
• opportunity for future career development & progression within the Trust’s portfolio of schools and most importantly
• the chance to transform the lives of children and really make a difference
The Harmony Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all our staff to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced DBS and pre-employment checks.
Closing date: 12 noon on Monday 29th November 2021
Please return completed application forms via email to: email@example.com
This job post has expired.
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
- School type
- Academy, ages 2 to 11
- Education phase
- School size
- 695 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 2 to 11
About Village Primary Academy
A Message from the Executive Principal
‘Believe, Achieve, Succeed’ is what we are all about at Village Primary Academy. We believe in every child’s potential and right to make excellent progress, through quality first teaching, motivational learning experiences and relevant, exciting curriculum. We also believe in developing the whole child, so personal & social progress and skills are developed with as much importance and rigour attached to them, as the academic areas of learning.
We want all of our pupils to achieve their full potential in terms of end of year and key stage assessments as this ensures that they are well prepared for the next phase of their education, and of course, their future life as adults.
Success comes in many forms: academic progress, social progress along with high achievement in subjects and all areas of learning.
At Village Primary Academy, we believe that even in ordinary places, extraordinary things happen! It’s our job and aim to bring that alive each day for every pupil in our academy.
We look forward to continuing this exciting journey with all of our pupils, parents and carers, staff, community members alongside the Harmony Trust. Together we know that will achieve more and more every year as a learning community.