- View all Full timejobs
- Monday to Friday
8.15am - 3.15pm or 8.30am - 3.30pm dependent on the needs of the school
- Grade 6 £20,444 - £22,571 (15,357 - £16,954 actual salary)
Teaching Assistant Level 3 - permanent or fixed term job summary
We are looking for an enthusiastic person who would like to join our friendly and hardworking team as a level 3 teaching assistant. This is an exciting opportunity for a capable and experienced teaching assistant who is looking to progress their career and who would like to develop their knowledge and expertise in providing specialist support for pupils with SEND. The post is full time but will accommodate any requirements for release if studying. West Town Primary Academy is a vibrant and happy place to work where all of the staff are dedicated to the support of our fantastic and eager to learn children. The successful candidate will be expected to undertake cover supervisor duties as and when required at which point the appropriate renumeration will be made.
The ideal candidate will be able to work under the direction of the class teacher and SENDco to:
• Provide personalised, bespoke provision for pupils with a high level of additional need, including those on the autistic spectrum, or with social, emotional and mental health needs.
• Contribute to the planning and evaluation of learning activities with teaching staff in order to plan and deliver high quality educational provision for our young people.
• Support the implementation of APDRs, behaviour plans, personal care programmes, curriculum planning and assessment, providing detailed feedback to the teacher, parent or outside agency as needed.
• Encourage and promote the inclusion and acceptance of all children
• Contribute to the wider life of the academy, including after school educational provision
We are looking for someone who:
• Has experience of supporting and assisting pupils with physical learning and sensory difficulties and promoting pupils’ social and emotional development.
• Is confident and resilient, patient and nurturing and who wants to help us to support our pupils to thrive and develop into successful young people.
• Demonstrates excellent classroom practice with high standards of teaching and learning
• Is able to act on their own initiative
• Is qualified to NVQ Level 3 for Teaching Assistants or equivalent or is willing to work towards this qualification.
• Is a good team player who is willing to contribute to the ethos and wider community of the academy
• Is motivated, passionate and reflective about their work
We can offer you:
• Training for your role as appropriate to your needs and career aspirations
• A friendly, supportive and positive team to work in
• The opportunity to join a forward thinking, caring Trust who genuinely ‘values people’
West Town is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share in this commitment. All staff will be subject to an enhanced check with the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
To find out more about the post and the future vision for the Academy please ask to speak to Sarah Baxter, Assistant Principal or to arrange a visit, Helen Buckley, Office Manager on 01733 852400.
For application details visit our website at www.westtownprimary.org
This job post has expired.
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.