Required January 2024 - Term-time only - Permanent
Part-time: 28.75 hours per week, Monday to Friday
The Governors of the Federation of Moorlands and Park Lane Primary Schools wish to appoint a Teaching Assistant to be based at Moorlands Primary School. This will also include some lunchtime duties.
The successful applicant may be required to work at other sites within the Federation.
We are looking for someone who:
- has experience of working with children within a school setting
- is passionate about children’s learning and every child achieving their full potential
- has lots of energy, enthusiasm and patience
- is flexible and can work well within a team
- has a sense of humour
- teaching assistant NVQ an advantage
- has a good standard of literacy, numeracy and ICT skills to GCSE/NVQ standard
We can offer:
- friendly and enthusiastic children who want to learn
- a caring, happy school with a clear vision for our continued improvement
- experienced, committed, friendly and supportive colleagues
- high expectations of children's achievement and behaviour
The post holder will be required to work with individual children and groups of children, to support the class teacher and to contribute towards the evaluation and modification of work programmes as required.
The successful candidate will be a good communicator. Lunchtime duties will include supervising children in the lunch hall and in the playground.
For an applicant pack please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0118 901 5505 or visit the school website: https://www.moorlandsps.org.uk. Please do not send a CV.
Closing date: Sunday 26th November 2023
Interview date: TBC
For the purposes of Equal Opportunities, we can only accept Reading Borough Council application forms.
Please contact the school for further information.
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
An Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check will be sought from the successful candidate.
We will process personal data and sensitive personal data (also known as ‘special categories of personal data’)and criminal records data relating to you in accordance with our Data protection policy and in accordance with data protection laws.
This job post has expired.