- Job role
- Teaching assistant
SEND responsibilities (special educational needs and disabilities)
- Working pattern
- Will consider part time, term time
22.5 hours per week, 4 days a week ( non-working day negotiable, except Friday)
- Contract type
- Fixed term (Until 31st August 2022)
- Annual or full time equivalent (FTE) salary
- Scale 3: £19,698 - £20,493
- Actual salary
- £10,211 - £10,623
Are you looking for a new and exciting challenge?
Mornington Primary School have an exciting opportunity available and are looking for a Teaching Assistant to form part of their established team on a temporary basis.
We are looking for a committed, enthusiastic, motivated, and skilled teaching assistant to join our strong team, this role is in KS1, but we would like a TA who would be flexible to work across the key stages. You will need to be flexible and hard-working. The candidate should ideally have experience of working in a school environment, supporting classes with an enthusiasm for improving students learning. We would like someone with a tolerant and compassionate nature and sense of humour, which would be an asset. The ability to work co-operatively within a team setting is also essential.
The successful candidate will work alongside the teaching staff in class as well as with individual children with SEN.
In return, we can offer lovely, kind and well-behaved children. A supportive caring staff, great opportunities for CPD and a well-resourced and welcoming environment to work in.
The successful candidate will need to:
- An excellent Teaching Assistant who loves working with children and helping to inspire them to achieve high standards and realise their potential;
- A great team player who can work successfully in collaboration with others and contribute towards the school ethos and its school improvement activities;
- Has enthusiasm and a positive attitude in their role as a TA.
- Have high expectations of themselves and the children.
- Believe in educating and developing the whole child.
- Able to positively promote inclusion and have high expectations for all children and themselves.
In return, we can offer you:
- An amazing, friendly, hardworking, supportive team of staff and governors.
- Support and guidance from experienced staff.
- A caring and purposeful working environment with excellent facilities and supportive families;
- A committed, hardworking and supportive team;
- 100% focus on improving outcomes for the children in our school;
- Well-resourced classrooms;
- A group of children with a passion for learning
- Opportunities for CPD
Visits to the school are strongly encouraged and highly recommended. Please call the Office Staff on 0115 9757745 to arrange a visit. Or if you have any questions, would like to discuss the role further, please call or email the Acting Head Teacher Mrs Carla Smith on 0115 9757745 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
A job description and person specification with further information about the role can be downloaded below. An application form can be downloaded by clicking 'Apply Online' above. Applications must be made on an EMET application form. CVs will not be accepted. No agencies.
Please send completed applications forms to email@example.com
The successful candidate will have to meet the requirements of the person specification in order to be offered the post, will be required to undergo a full enhanced DBS check and must be eligible to work in the UK. This School looks to employ well-qualified staff who are willing to contribute to the full life of the school and who are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Safeguarding checks will be undertaken during the recruitment process.
We welcome applications regardless of age, gender, ethnicity or religion.
Closing date for applications is 12 noon, Friday 28th January
Interview date: Wednesday 2nd February
Applying for the job
Applications must be made on an East Midlands Education Trust application form which can be downloaded from the Trust website.More on how to apply (opens in new tab)
Download an application form - 57.2 KB
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.