- Job role
- Teaching assistant
SEND responsibilities (special educational needs and disabilities)
- Key stage
- Working pattern
- Part time
Monday to Friday 8.45am – 3.10pm term time only
- Contract type
- Fixed term (until 22nd July 2022)
- Grade D SCP 4-6: £18,933 - £19,698 (pro rata)
The Governors of Preshute C of E (VC) Primary School are looking to appoint a teaching assistant for a named pupil to join our friendly and dedicated team.
We are looking for a teaching assistant who is passionate about learning, sets high expectations and who shares our vision “Live Life, Love Learning”
What we will offer you:
• Opportunity to be part of a hardworking and committed team
• Children who are engaged and willing to learn
Your duties will include:
• Supporting a named child on a one to one basis and sometimes additional groups of children
• Supporting the pupil’s self-esteem, inclusion and behaviour development
Preshute is looking for a candidate who:
• Has high expectations for all and the ability to engage and motivate children
• Is able to work as part of a team as well as on an individual basis
• Will work closely with the class teacher
• Builds effective relationships with children and brings enthusiasm to the role
• Experience of de-escation and restorative justice within school
• Is calm, patient and has a good sense of humour
• Supports our Christian ethos
• Is willing to support break and lunchtimes
• Experience of working in Upper KS2
• Is energetic, enthusiastic, positive and adaptable
• Has emotional resilience, empathy and motivation to work with pupils with a variety of different needs
Applying for the job
Applications must be made using the school's application form, available in the supporting documents. Your application must be submitted together with a covering letter and the equality and diversity form by the deadline of 6th December 2021 to email@example.com. Please note: CVs are not accepted.
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
- School type
- Local authority maintained school, Church of England, ages 4 to 11
- Education phase
- School size
- 180 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 4 to 11
About Preshute Church of England Primary School
Preshute C of E Voluntary Controlled Primary School is a vibrant village school situated in the centre of our local community and located just outside the delightful town of Marlborough, Wiltshire.
Preshute is a 1-form entry school with an intake from across Marlborough and adjoining villages. We currently have 190 children on role ranging in age from 4-year olds to 11-year olds.
Our children are enthusiastic learners with positive and hardworking attitudes who are at the centre of everything we do.
Preshute School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All applicants will be subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service check before appointment is confirmed.
Arranging a visit to Preshute Church of England Primary School
Visits to the school are welcome. Please call the school office on 01672 512754 or email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.