- No, visa sponsorship not available
- Early years, Key stage 1, Key stage 2
- Fixed term - until 31st August 2024
Full-time equivalent salary
- NJC 3 FTE £22,737 per annum, £13,494.38 pro rata
Qualifications and Professional Development
- NVQ 2 for Teaching Assistants or equivalent qualifications or experience.
- GCSE Grade A – C English and Maths
- First aid training/training as appropriate.
Knowledge, Skills and Competencies
- Ability to form and maintain appropriate relationships and personal boundaries with children and young people.
- Motivation to work with children and young people.
- Good numeracy/literacy skills.
- Training in the relevant learning strategies e.g. literacy.
- Effective use of ICT to support learning.
- Use of other equipment technology – video, photocopier.
- Experience of working with or caring for children of relevant age.
- Completion of DfES Teacher Assistant Induction Programme
- Training in the relevant learning strategies e.g. literacy
- Effective use of ICT to support learning
- Use of other equipment technology – video, photocopier
- General understanding of national/foundation stage curriculum and other basic learning programmes/strategies
- Understanding of relevant polices/codes of practice and awareness of relevant legislation
INTERPERSONAL/ COMMUNICATION SKILLS
- Caring/training/communication/persuasive/motivating/counselling skills.
- Ability to self-evaluate learning needs and actively seek learning opportunities
- Ability to relate well to children and adults
- Work constructively as part of a team, understanding classroom roles and responsibilities and your own position within these
This job post has expired.