Knowledge, Skills & experience
- A good standard of written and numeracy skills
- Good communication skills
- Ability to use basic technology to support the role
- Ability to build positive relationships with all stake holders
- Ability to work constructively as part of a team
- Completion of DfES Teaching Assistant Induction Programme or equivalent
- Working with or caring for children of relevant age
- Understanding classroom roles and responsibilities and your own position within these
- Emergency First Aid or First Aid at Work qualification
- Previous experience of working with young people preferably in a school setting
Teaching Assistant Level 1
Norbridge Academy are looking to appoint a Teaching Assistant Level 1 to join our academy in April 2024 on a part time, temporary basis.
Do you want to work for a Trust that is transforming educational outcomes for students in some of the most deprived areas in the North of England? If so, this could be the role for you.
Your new role
As a Teaching Assistant Level 1,you will work under the direct instruction of teaching/senior staff, usually in a classroom with the teacher. You will support pupils to ensure they can access learning and provide general support to the teacher in the management of pupils and the classroom.
If you feel you have the necessary skills and experience required for this position, then we would very much like to hear from you.
Your new school
The academy is located in Worksop Nottinghamshire where we have strong links with parents and community leaders. The academy is a larger than averaged sized academy, catering for pupils from the Early Years Foundation Stage, through Key Stage 1 into Key Stage 2. There are currently 442 pupils on roll in reception to Year 6 and we also have 52 place nursery.
All of our staff feel proud to be part of our academy staff, this is reflected in the atmosphere and learning environments.
Why join us?
Staff across the trust are talented and enthusiastic, and all contribute to the trust’s success story.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join an outstanding team within a high performing multi academy trust with exciting career prospects for successful applicants.
We offer an extensive range of opportunities, incentives and benefits with this post including:
- Holiday Entitlement: minimum 35 days(subject to pro rata if working part time and dependent upon salary and continuous service) including statutory Bank Holidays.
- Financial: offering unlimited access to a huge range of discounts on holidays, days out, retailer and cashback deals inc. Curry’s, John Lewis, Tesco and B&Q to name but a few.
- Lifestyle and Wellbeing: discounted & flexible gym memberships, eye care vouchers, cycle 2 work/Technology scheme ,free annual flu jab and 24/7 access to a market leading Employee Assistance Programme providing expert information specialist advisors trained by Citizens Advice and access to professionally qualified counsellors accredited by the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy.
- Motoring: access to an employee vehicle leasing scheme*,discounted vehicle repairs and discounts on car/van hire.
- Pension: excellent employer/employee contributory pension scheme with the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS)
- Personal and professional: we offer a range of training and development opportunities for you to grow and develop.
*Subject to ensuring NMW is maintained.
In accordance with DfE Keeping Children Safe in Education, an online search will be completed on all shortlisted applicants prior to interview. Any relevant information will be discussed further with the applicant during the recruitment process.
In accordance with DfE Keeping Children Safe in Education 2022, an online search will be completed on all shortlisted applicants prior to interview. Any relevant information will be discussed further with the applicant during the recruitment process
This job post has expired.