- Job role
- Teaching assistant
- Working pattern
- Full time
32.5 hours per week, term time only
- Contract type
- Fixed term (Fixed term initially until 31st July 2022)
- Grade G £22,627 -£24,982 FTE
Support Professionals – Teaching Assistant (paid at Grade G)
32.5 hours per week, term time only
Fixed term initially until 31st July 2022
Grade G £22,627 -£24,982 FTE
‘Staff morale is high with staff welcoming the open conversations about teaching, and they welcome the ways leaders encourage the evaluation and sharing of what works’ Ofsted 2019
‘I just love coming to work every morning, this school is fantastic; amazing teachers, lovely students and a fantastic community to work in. The welcoming feel of the school and the staff and children in it just made me feel like I belonged right from the start, and I still feel this way a year later’
Why come and join our school?
Scalby School is a successful and popular 11-16 community school and in recent years we have become the school of choice in our local community. We were judged ‘good’ by Ofsted in 2019 and in 2019 we celebrated sustained results. Our provisional P8 score places us in the top 20% of schools nationally again. We are proud of our broad and balanced GCSE based curriculum.
Our students are diverse, exciting and talented – and the same is true of our staff. We put huge emphasis on professional development, most of it in-house, and are proud of the highly effective teaching and pastoral support, which characterises our school. We are also noted for our ‘can do’ attitude.
• A ‘Good’ school in every area as judged by Ofsted in 2012 and in 2019
• A school with above average Progress 8 score because our students exceed expectations.
• A leading school in the Scarborough and North Yorkshire area with a real focus on making sure all our staff develop professionally.
• A school where the development of the culture and character of our students is at the heart of our curriculum – so that all our students leave school knowing how to conduct themselves in the wider world.
Coast and Vale Learning Trust is a growing family of schools based across the the North Yorkshire Coast and Wolds and Vale. We have grown from our lead secondary school (Scalby School), welcomed Newby Scalby Primary in 2018, Friarage Primary School in 2019 and Lady Lumley’s School in 2021.
We are growing organically and firmly building on the school improvement journeys of Scalby School, Newby Scalby Primary and Friarage Primary School. As a Trust of currently 4 schools (with continued growth), it is right that we make sure that we have the right team to deliver the best possible education to our children and young people.
We are looking to appoint a talented Teaching Assistant to join our support staff and primarily support one of our students who has high medical needs both individually and across school in their lessons. The student will need support with their tracheotomy, of which full training will be provided.
In your new role you will support both individually and in small groups under the direction and support of our Pastoral Leader and SENCO.
If you are looking/or have been thinking about working in education this is a fantastic opportunity for you to gain secondary school experience as we offer a teacher training programme through Scarborough Teaching Alliance (based at our school) - Scarborough Teaching Alliance - Home
• Ideally have previous experience in this type of role or with children and young people
• Have a genuine interest in supporting young people
• Be able to develop positive working relationships with pupils, parents, staff and other professionals.
• Be willing to undertake and act on relevant professional development and training.
• Be able to support in the delivery of high quality learning experiences for our students.
• Have high expectations of learning and behaviour and inspire and motivate our students.
• Be supportive, nurturing and understanding.
• Seek to make learning exciting and a positive experience.
• Work well as part of a team.
• Demonstrate good communication skills both orally and written.
What we can offer in return:
• An excellent opportunity for a support colleague to develop within our school and our Trust that is rapidly growing.
• The opportunity for training and development – both through within the trust and the school.
• School and trust colleagues who will support you and make you proud to work in education.
• Access to our Teaching Alliance – Scarborough Teaching Alliance if you are interested in becoming a trainee teacher in the future.
Join our school and make a real difference to our children and your career in an area that offers so much!
The date of commencement for these post will be in as soon possible ideally in November 2021. Interviews will be held week shortly after the closing date.
To apply for the post please download the application form and application pack either from the NYCC jobs advert or from our school website (Scalby School - Vacancies (coastandvale.academy)
For an informal conversation about the role or for further details, please contact Garry Morrison at Resourcing Solutions (North Yorkshire County Council) at email@example.com or call 07814935700
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early should we receive an overwhelming response. All candidates are advised to refer to the job description and person specification before making an application.
Deadline for Receipt of Applications: 9am Monday 1st November 2021
Coast and Vale Learning Trust is committed to meeting the needs of our diverse community and aims to have a workforce reflecting this diversity. We are also committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults. We expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This job post has expired.
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.