Teaching Assistant (Part-Time)
We are looking to appoint a part-time (21hrs 10minutes per week) Teaching Assistant for September 2019. Duties will include class-support in KS1 and lunchtime duty.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate:
• Excellent communication, literacy and numeracy skills
• Ability to work in a team and make a positive contribution to raising standards
• A positive, pro-active approach to supporting pupil social/behavioural needs
• Ability to insist on high standards of behaviour and academic outcome
• Experience of in-house intervention programmes (e.g. Numeracy/literacy programmes for pupils of lower ability with additional learning needs )
If you are interested in applying for the above post, please contact the school office for an application pack.
Application deadline: Monday 2nd September 2019 at 3pm
Interviews will be held on Thursday 5th September.
Scale point: 5
Salary: £13,170 to £14,072 (actual salary)
Contract: one year in the first instance
Essential educational requirements
Successful completion of DBS forms and satisfactory clearance being received.
Successful completion of DfE training for Teaching Assistants or equivalent.emonstration of achievement in own education showing
proficiency in numeracy, Literacy and a good command of spoken English.
Essential skills and experience
Experience which demonstrates the post holder has a wide range of strategies for supporting children with a wide range of abilities and needs and successful experience of delivering educational programmes over a longer period, e.g. 6 – 8 weeks, with minimum supervision only
Experience of working with children in a multicultural environment and be able to show an interest in child development and in a wide range of issues concerning their education and welfare.
Experience of supporting a range of personnel and pupils, and carrying out a variety of tasks, with initiative and flexibility.
About Edward Betham Church of England Primary School
Edward Betham School is a two-form entry Voluntary Aided Church of England Primary School maintained by the London Borough of Ealing. We currently have 455 pupils on roll (including 35 Nursery places). The school is located on a split-site in Oldfield Lane South on the south side of the Western Avenue (A40) within a short walking distance of a number of bus and underground routes.
- Oldfield Lane South, Greenford, UB6 9JU
- LA Maintained School
- Edward Betham Church of England Primary School website (opens in a new window)